Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hunterheath33

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 15, 2012
Anyone use their iphone as a clock? What app do you use. What dock do you use? I'm curious.

Baggio

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2012
When I travel, I use it as an alarm clock, but I don't use a dock. I just use the clock app.

DerekRod

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2012
NY
Clock.App and Bose 2 companion speakers.Sure my hearing will be destroyed eventually but hell at least im awake haha

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Anyone use their iphone as a clock? What app do you use. What dock do you use? I'm curious.
I do.

I use My Alarm Clock. But I don't care for the alarms in that app (so far it's the only night stand clock I really prefer to use) and the buttons are too small when you are fumbling in the morning to turn it off, so I use the standard iPhone alarms for that.

My iPhone is plugged into an extension cord ever night (no dock) and I use a business card holder to hold my iPhone (on it's side). My Alarm Clock has landscape mode (which I prefer for a clock) so this all works for me.

You can set the clock so that double-tapping the screen turns on the LED, which I rely on frequently as it's usually dark when I get up.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Yes default app, no dock plug right next to my bed so I plug it in and place it on the bed next to me

dma550

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2009
CT
I can't stand all the commotion my phone sends my way. I know I could upgrade to IOS 6.x and get the new "leave me alone" setting, but I get so many SMS messages from services and apps and all sorts of friend chatter makes me crazy. If my phone wakes my wife for whatever malfunction, I'm in deep.

So, I use a circa 1995 digital indiglo alarm clock. It's very annoying and never fails to wake me up.

AnorexicPig

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2012
Winnipeg,Canada
I don't for the fear of throwing it away when am half sleep and the alarm starts buzzing lol. I use my trusty old Nokia as an alarm clock-tough as a rock :cool:

Lannoc

macrumors regular
May 30, 2011
Yes. Native Clock App and waking up to Warren Zevon from my iTunes library lately.
No dock

Last edited:

PortableLover

macrumors 6502a
Apr 14, 2012
england
I use the default clock app, has been amazing so far. I don't know if I want to risk my ears with the dock, since my ears already get blasted(alarm tone is going the distance by rock, the part in the middle).

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
I've been using the default app for the last five years.

It failed me the one time when the clocks changed but I've also got a DAB radio which acts as a backup so I still managed to get up on time.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
If my phone wakes my wife for whatever malfunction, I'm in deep.
Exactly why I use the default alarm clock. The buttons are big enough to press. I use an annoying alarm to make sure I wake up because if it wakes HER up I've let it go too long and I'm also in deep! :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.