Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:14 AM   #1
RiseDarthVader
macrumors member

Multiple options to "open with" the same application problem

So I have this problem with my Adobe CS6 apps. When I want to "open with" something instead of having the Adobe apps showing up once as a option I get duplicates of them which link to the same app. Here is an example I screenshot. Anyone come across this before and know of a solution? http://i.imgur.com/e3XHZOM.jpg
RiseDarthVader is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 06:23 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseDarthVader View Post
So I have this problem with my Adobe CS6 apps. When I want to "open with" something instead of having the Adobe apps showing up once as a option I get duplicates of them which link to the same app. Here is an example I screenshot. Anyone come across this before and know of a solution? http://i.imgur.com/e3XHZOM.jpg
Give this Apple Support Communities discussion a read. There may be a solution for you in it.

"Open with" Duplicate Entries
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:29 PM   #3
RiseDarthVader
macrumors member

Thanks one of the posts in that link worked. And in case anyone else has this problem and wants the solution I did:

Quote:
Open terminal then copy and paste in

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Wait until terminal returns to the command line. Quit Terminal. After that, restart.
RiseDarthVader is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:50 PM   #4
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiseDarthVader View Post
Thanks one of the posts in that link worked. And in case anyone else has this problem and wants the solution I did:
Excellent, glad it worked out for you!

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help