Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigdavecox90

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
Bought my iPhone 5 back in September now, however just recently lock button has stopped working all together.

It's not been dropped or damaged at all, it just will not function how it's supposed to.

Is it worth taking back to Apple store? Will they swap under warranty?

Mr-Kerrse

macrumors 6502
Apr 1, 2011
United Kingdom
Bought my iPhone 5 back in September now, however just recently lock button has stopped working all together.

It's not been dropped or damaged at all, it just will not function how it's supposed to.

Is it worth taking back to Apple store? Will they swap under warranty?

Yes they will do it under warranty

sheppy1

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2008
Straight up swap?

Nearest is a bit of a travel, so don't want to get there and them refuse.

Thanks for your quick reply by the way.

I had an issue with my iPhone 4s home button not working properly back when it was released and they swapped it over on the spot after verifying the issue, don't see why they wouldn't do the same for you too :)

bigdavecox90

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 12, 2012
I had an issue with my iPhone 4s home button not working properly back when it was released and they swapped it over on the spot after verifying the issue, don't see why they wouldn't do the same for you too :)

Thanks mate.

Do you know if it's possible to call them up? Will they send one out via courier and take my old one back?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
As long as there is no physical damage it should be just a quick swap out.
My iPhone 4S had the problem last week, phone was in perfect condition but out of warranty. They said if I came in a month earlier it would have been fine to just swap it out.

I didn't expect to get a free replacement, but considering he even said my phone was in remarkable condition for over a year, I thought he was going to do it for me... But he didn't...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.