Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davyvfr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
Hello,

I have the MacBook Pro 13" Mid 2012 (Intel i5 @2.5GHZ, 4GB 1600MHZ, 500GB 7200RPM HDD) and would like to know if its possible to run F1 2012 natively from the Mac App Store on my laptop. Call of Duty 4, Trainz, Batman Arkham Asylum and Tomb Raider Underworld all run good with medium to high settings.

How good would F1 2012 run?

Spikeywan

macrumors 6502
Dec 11, 2012
I can't tell you that, as I don't know the difference between yours and mine, but I can tell you that it runs fantastically on my rMBP, with force feedback on my Logitech Driving Force GT wheel. I get a good 40 frames a second with a lot of detail on.

I would suggest that it will probably run OK, but with reduced detail.

Download the Feral Interactive demo of Dirt 2, and see how that runs. You can then do a direct comparison with mine, if you like.

edddeduck

macrumors 68020
Mar 26, 2004
It will be smooth but you will need to run at low to medium settings as the really high end settings needs a high performance graphics card with at least 1GB of VRAM.

That said even low settings looks pretty amazing with this game, even if I am a little biased :)

Edwin

macgames

macrumors member
Apr 12, 2012
Anyone based in the UK with low bandwidth or slow download speeds - F1 2012 is now available as a boxed game on MacGames.co.uk. Just a heads up, its pretty damn good!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.