Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:02 AM   #176
gnasher729
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech198 View Post
I put this in the same category as a "zero-day" exploit ..... That is, anything that comes out on the same day...

Apple is loosing to these...... Not realising it... lol..
Evasion is loosing a new jailbreak. That doesn't mean Apple is losing, because there is no competition going on. Apple is only concerned with security risks. When a jailbreak was released that worked by just visiting a website, that was a security risk; Apple closed it immediately and it didn't work again.
gnasher729 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:08 AM   #177
rabidz7
Banned

Location: Isla De Juventud, south Havana provence, Cincinnati Ohio
Does this patch the evasi0n exploits?
rabidz7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:13 AM   #178
ghostface147
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabidz7 View Post
Does this patch the evasi0n exploits?
Nope, but the installer won't work. Update for that soon.
ghostface147 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:39 AM   #179
GaryMumford
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostface147 View Post
Nope, but the installer won't work. Update for that soon.
Evasi0n has been updated and is working fine
GaryMumford is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:53 AM   #180
Macdick
macrumors member

Iphone 4S

I didnt updated my iphone 4s since 5.1.1 (factory unlocked ! NO JAILBREAK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!) because i dont like the new os without youtube and google map ,( dont tel me please i can download them from app store because i like the original version) I dont have any problem with my iphone at all!
Macdick is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:13 AM   #181
GaryMumford
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdick View Post
I didnt updated my iphone 4s since 5.1.1 (factory unlocked ! NO JAILBREAK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT!) because i dont like the new os without youtube and google map ,( dont tel me please i can download them from app store because i like the original version) I dont have any problem with my iphone at all!
Thats great, But there's so much more ti iOS6 than a very dodgy maps and YouTube...
better Mail, FaceTime over Cellular, Panorama photos (which is worth the update alone), iCloud Tabs, Shared Photo Streams... The list go's on. Your missing out on some good stuff.
GaryMumford is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:15 AM   #182
zorinlynx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by BvizioN View Post
It did work on mine
I knew i had to disable passcode but i just forgot. When i was jalbreaking and it was doing it's own thing, it asked me to enter the passcode at some point and that's when i remembered. I thought that was going to screw the process of jailbreaking but it didn't. It all went so smooth.
Well you had to enter it. My point is you can't get someone else's phone, and jailbreak it without knowing the passcode.
zorinlynx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:27 AM   #183
phillipduran
macrumors 6502a

I wonder what the performance will be like.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:32 AM   #184
hmmm
macrumors member

3G just got worse

I'm seeing more issues with iOS 6.1.1 on Vodafone than with iOS 6.1 - anyone else experiencing this?
hmmm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 08:42 AM   #185
GaryMumford
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmm View Post
I'm seeing more issues with iOS 6.1.1 on Vodafone than with iOS 6.1 - anyone else experiencing this?
Nope! Not yet...
GaryMumford is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:27 AM   #186
sbailey4
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryMumford View Post
Thats great, But there's so much more ti iOS6 than a very dodgy maps and YouTube...
better Mail, FaceTime over Cellular, Panorama photos (which is worth the update alone), iCloud Tabs, Shared Photo Streams... The list go's on. Your missing out on some good stuff.
Not to mention the youtube and google maps separate apps are WAY better that the old non updated built in ones that were part of iOS. But 5.1.1 seems to be less problematic than 6. ( I have no issues with 6.1 or 6.1.1) but there are lots of folks who are with wifi and various other things.
sbailey4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:28 AM   #187
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macdick View Post
Its highly recommened you upgrade to iOS 6.1.1. The improved performance and improved security in iOS 6.1 is much needed, plus you can download Youtube and Google maps from the App store
Bahroo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:31 AM   #188
FanBoyTroll
macrumors member

My 4S is working a lot better after the update.
FanBoyTroll is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:44 AM   #189
Macrolido
macrumors regular

Passbook now runs snappier!
Macrolido is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:08 AM   #190
braddick
macrumors 68030

I would consistently go to bed with a fully charged iPhone4S to wake up to it being 93%. Not a big deal, didn't worry about it.
Updated to 6.1.1 and woke up this morning to a surprisingly 100% charged iPhone (seven hours later).
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:23 AM   #191
sbailey4
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
I would consistently go to bed with a fully charged iPhone4S to wake up to it being 93%. Not a big deal, didn't worry about it.
Updated to 6.1.1 and woke up this morning to a surprisingly 100% charged iPhone (seven hours later).
Awesome news! Glad to hear 6.1.1 perhaps helped. I get up to a 100% battery every morning but then I charge it while I am sleeping Had to throw that out there. I never understand why folks charge,then unplug when they go to bed and start their day on less than full charge. Lots do though so must be a good reason.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:24 AM   #192
kevpan815
Banned

Send a message via MSN to kevpan815
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAIRUS View Post
Wait what are you smoking?

I have a 4, 4S, and and 2 5s. (2 are personal, 2 are work)
Sorry, this is an Article about the IPhone 4S so naturally I had assumed that you were referring to the IPhone 4S rather than the IPhone 5. I do have to admit however that even I went off topic a little while replying to the other guys Sprint IPhone 5 Story.
kevpan815 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:44 AM   #193
kevpan815
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapeno View Post
Good news that the jailbreak has not been patched.
They very well may close the door when the iOS Beta that was released to ADC Members like me is released, keep in mind that the ADC Build is going to be RENAMED something else when the next ADC Build comes out at least according to what it says on my ADC Beta Build Home Page!

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEm View Post
It makes sense. It's trying to fix the 3G issues. So how are you going to download OTA if you're having 3G issues?
The reason why you have to use WIFI to download OTA is NOT due to the 3G issues at all, it is actually do the fact that there is a 50 MB Download Limit over Cellular Internet in order to keep Apple's Download Servers from being Over Loaded.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:47 AM   #194
Rajani Isa
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sausage.Biscuit View Post
After the update my phone said "No Service" until I reset my settings & then rest my network setting because the former didn't work, everything seems to be working fine now.

Plus after this update I can use Facetime over cellular in my area.

EDIT: Denied. After I toggled it a minute later it changed back and I get the message saying Facetime requires wifi. On at&t btw.
Unlimited data, or tiered?
Rajani Isa is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:56 AM   #195
braddick
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbailey4 View Post
Awesome news! Glad to hear 6.1.1 perhaps helped. I get up to a 100% battery every morning but then I charge it while I am sleeping Had to throw that out there. I never understand why folks charge,then unplug when they go to bed and start their day on less than full charge. Lots do though so must be a good reason.
Personally, after it is charged in the evening I toss it into my work bag so as not to forget it in the early morning.
One less (albeit, small) chore and the few percent I have lost in the past has never been a make it/break it power charge at the end of my day when the iPhone is back in the charger.
braddick is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:10 PM   #196
sbailey4
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by braddick View Post
Personally, after it is charged in the evening I toss it into my work bag so as not to forget it in the early morning.
One less (albeit, small) chore and the few percent I have lost in the past has never been a make it/break it power charge at the end of my day when the iPhone is back in the charger.
Well there you go! knew there was some reason

BTW I did leave mine off charge last night to test 6.1.1 and it dropped exactly like it should according to Apples spec. Went from 96% to 92% in like 10 hrs standby (so a little better actually) as 10 hrs should drop 5%. It did go to 91% after i fired up the display for a min so I would say its dead on. Signal strength seems to hover on 5 bars more too now. It would be anywhere from 3 to 5 typically but seeing more on 4 or 5 alot now.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
They very well may close the door when the iOS Beta that was released to ADC Members like me is released, keep in mind that the ADC Build is going to be RENAMED something else when the next ADC Build comes out at least according to what it says on my ADC Beta Build Home Page!

----------

The reason why you have to use WIFI to download OTA is NOT due to the 3G issues at all, it is actually do the fact that there is a 50 MB Download Limit over Cellular Internet in order to keep Apple's Download Servers from being Over Loaded.
Except this update was in the 23 MB range. I would think that you would not want to do an OTA over 3G to fix a 3G issue.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 PM   #197
\-V-/
macrumors 65816

Quote:
I know that already. the dialog that comes up which says "Do not backup" is NOT the one i'm referring to.. The one I mean is a different dialog, as when you are "upgrading" from a previous version to a later one.

In this case, there is no way to not backup apps already on the IOS device, but still continue the update anyway.

this is what i was saying.

BTw: trying to find a screenshot of this, knowing i cannot downgrade to prove this, because stupid Apple no longer allows you to downgrade, even from version 6.1.1 to 6.0 or 6.1, "without jailbreaking"

In much the same way as copy protection teaches people how to pirate, Apple is teaching users how to jailbreak with RedSn0w. (despite their EULA)

Thank you Apple :P
I know what you mean, don't worry.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:54 PM   #198
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Quote:
Just what the doctor ordered.

But wait .... what 3G issues ? I have had patchy 3g issues, but thats normal particularly over VOIP in some areas.

Other areas VOIP has been fine,, no issues what's so ever..

But hey, an update is an update, i always say (It can't get any worse)

(edits: opps.... now i'm in for it)
For me, sometimes when I leave a 3G area and return my iP5 doesn't know what to do. It just doesn't see the network until I turn airplane mode on and back off.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:36 PM   #199
kevpan815
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbailey4 View Post
Well there you go! knew there was some reason

BTW I did leave mine off charge last night to test 6.1.1 and it dropped exactly like it should according to Apples spec. Went from 96% to 92% in like 10 hrs standby (so a little better actually) as 10 hrs should drop 5%. It did go to 91% after i fired up the display for a min so I would say its dead on. Signal strength seems to hover on 5 bars more too now. It would be anywhere from 3 to 5 typically but seeing more on 4 or 5 alot now.

----------

Except this update was in the 23 MB range. I would think that you would not want to do an OTA over 3G to fix a 3G issue.
My Former IPhone 3GS (I used to be an AT&T Subscriber, before I switched to Verizon and then Switched again to Sprint) originally allowed OTA over Cellular during the IOS 5.0 Beta but then blocked OTA over Cellular for the IOS 5.1.1 Update do to the issues they found with installing OTA over Cellular with the 5.0 Beta OTA Logs they collected from us ADC Members and they have blocked it ever since then, Just FYI.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 07:37 PM   #200
SAIRUS
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevpan815 View Post
Sorry, this is an Article about the IPhone 4S so naturally I had assumed that you were referring to the IPhone 4S rather than the IPhone 5. I do have to admit however that even I went off topic a little while replying to the other guys Sprint IPhone 5 Story.
No worries. I was more going off of how apple patched the 4s rather quickly but AT&T users might be getting no help.
SAIRUS is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion