Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1
pete78
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
How long to wait for a replacement iMac?

Hi all,

So the HD in my maxed out 2012 iMac was DOA. I had originally ordered from the Apple Store, online. I was sent to my local Apple Store by AppleCare after they could not troubleshoot the HD problems and it was clear it was a physical problem.

A return process has been started by my local Apple Store (they placed the order for the new iMac) over a week ago. I have not heard anything from them since. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Does Apple give manufacturing priority for replacement orders or should I assume mid-March delivery like everyone else? The local Apple Store had no clue as to timing, just that the "process has begun".

I wanted to get more info from these boards, before I go to the local Apple Store in person and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
pete78 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 04:47 PM   #2
martinm0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
My replacements have been taking about 2 weeks total. Once its shipped it comes almost overnight, so be prepared that the estimate you'll be given usually is a day or two later than when it arrives (that's been the case with mine). I've had 2 replacements (3 iMacs total) and I still have issues. Apple will not send me another one, and is forcing me to get a refund (which is sad since they already gave me $250 back for all the issues, so I'd really like to keep it). I'm in VT and have no Apple store, which is what they want me to do next, but that's just not an option.
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:18 PM   #3
LCD
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: SW Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete78 View Post
Hi all,

So the HD in my maxed out 2012 iMac was DOA. I had originally ordered from the Apple Store, online. I was sent to my local Apple Store by AppleCare after they could not troubleshoot the HD problems and it was clear it was a physical problem.

A return process has been started by my local Apple Store (they placed the order for the new iMac) over a week ago. I have not heard anything from them since. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Does Apple give manufacturing priority for replacement orders or should I assume mid-March delivery like everyone else? The local Apple Store had no clue as to timing, just that the "process has begun".

I wanted to get more info from these boards, before I go to the local Apple Store in person and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
I returned a 21.5" 2012 iMac with an Apple prepaid label December 18. The replacement arrived December 26. I returned the replacement January 2 and received a refund January 17.
LCD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:14 PM   #4
1934hotrod
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Woodstock
Quote:
Originally Posted by martinm0 View Post
My replacements have been taking about 2 weeks total. Once its shipped it comes almost overnight, so be prepared that the estimate you'll be given usually is a day or two later than when it arrives (that's been the case with mine). I've had 2 replacements (3 iMacs total) and I still have issues. Apple will not send me another one, and is forcing me to get a refund (which is sad since they already gave me $250 back for all the issues, so I'd really like to keep it). I'm in VT and have no Apple store, which is what they want me to do next, but that's just not an option.

Whoa! 2 out of 3 belly up, and #3 on its way out, not a very good track record for that product, Sorry to here that.

Greg
1934hotrod is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 08:43 PM   #5
martinm0
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1934hotrod View Post
Whoa! 2 out of 3 belly up, and #3 on its way out, not a very good track record for that product, Sorry to here that.

Greg
Thanks. My issues hac been with Target Display Mode not working so I wonder how many others have this issue and just don't know it yet. Plus had some pretty horrible image retention on the last two as well. I really love the machine but I'm just not sure what's happening with Apple's quality lately.
martinm0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:59 PM   #6
AndiS.
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete78 View Post
Hi all,

So the HD in my maxed out 2012 iMac was DOA. I had originally ordered from the Apple Store, online. I was sent to my local Apple Store by AppleCare after they could not troubleshoot the HD problems and it was clear it was a physical problem.

A return process has been started by my local Apple Store (they placed the order for the new iMac) over a week ago. I have not heard anything from them since. Does anyone have any experience with this process? Does Apple give manufacturing priority for replacement orders or should I assume mid-March delivery like everyone else? The local Apple Store had no clue as to timing, just that the "process has begun".

I wanted to get more info from these boards, before I go to the local Apple Store in person and get to the bottom of it.

Thanks.
I'm awaiting my 4th replacement, which was ordered 1 1/2 weeks ago. Before I received replacements within 1 1/2 weeks, but today the rep told me that it's expected to ship out on the 25th, supposedly because they can't keep up with production. I'll talk to my Apple Care case worker about this, see if he can expedite it again. I've been fairly patient so far, and I really appreciate Apple's level of service, but now it's starting to get frustrating, especially since they send me the wrong model for the last replacement. They've had delivery delays ever since, and I'm not buying that it should take that longs this time, my original order shipped faster than this.
AndiS. is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iPhoto11 upgrade: how long should I wait? chickenlegs Mac Applications and Mac App Store 1 Mar 4, 2013 07:37 AM
iMac 2012-How long should I wait? Electricflow iMac 4 Dec 13, 2012 11:16 AM
Why the long wait julienpdx iPhone 6 Sep 7, 2012 10:15 AM
How long to wait for download link? pederb OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Jul 25, 2012 07:18 PM
Can't wait for the MacBook Air - How long is this going to take? Power Macintosh MacBook Air 10 Jul 17, 2012 10:48 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:35 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC