Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Drudkh

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 18, 2009
UAE
I was woken up not by the alarm button voices from the phone. My ip5 was dialing on it's own. The voice was from the answering machine for calling cabs. Could not end the call as the screen was in locked mode but I ended the call with the power button. Checked the dial history and found the clever phone has made several calls to my contacts! It was 5am in the morning! What the hell went wrong? I don't use Siri. Now, I have to explain why my phone made those morning calls.

DoDoBiRdZ

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2013
iPhone 5...

I am having the same problem. Yesterday I wasn't touching my phone, as it was in my purse, and it called my husband. Then it proceeded to call various other people later on and I had not touched the phone. I wish we can figure out what the heck is going on. I rebooted the phone twice and had siri off. So I cannot understand why this would happen.

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
I know they always making software ever more intelligent, anticipating our needs, but comeon making us call Mom before we are ready to confront her is too much. :D

The sensible diagnosis is: attacked by malware, restore to factory.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I know they always making software ever more intelligent, anticipating our needs, but comeon making us call Mom before we are ready to confront her is too much. :D

Malware...on an iOS device...that unlocks it and makes calls?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Malware...on an iOS device...that unlocks it and makes calls?

Either that or the Mothership has taken over the phone and...

Once a while thought we do have members, specially recently registered, that are totally bored and make stuff up. Have fun with them. Don't take it too seriously.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA

I don't think malware is the answer, because if it were, it would be unable to access the phone app because it would be sandboxed with the app it was contained in. Now if they were jail broken, that's a whole different story.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
Bluetooth connections can cause that, if the phone sees (or thinks it sees) a paired BT device. Some BT sets cause a Redial on connection.

See if there are any devices in Settings > Bluetooth - if so, touch the blue arrowhead for each and "Forget device".

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.