Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firestone12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
I had to reset my Ipad 2 twice.. First one was cause just the apple logo was showing, now the last time everytime I would open up a app it would crash right away. Now since that seems like its working, I can't move my icons from page 1 to page 2 in itunes. I will move them as put the jailbreak apps on page 2 and apply and it does nothing.

kalirob99

macrumors 68000
Dec 24, 2008
California
I had to reset my Ipad 2 twice.. First one was cause just the apple logo was showing, now the last time everytime I would open up a app it would crash right away. Now since that seems like its working, I can't move my icons from page 1 to page 2 in itunes. I will move them as put the jailbreak apps on page 2 and apply and it does nothing.

List what Cydia apps you have installed so far.

firestone12

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2012
app list
auxo
ayecon
barrell
f.lux
icleaner
genesis ad plus
infidock
pasword pilot
protube
winterboard

dinggus

macrumors 65816
Jan 17, 2012
I believe it's caused by Password Pilot. I installed it on my friends, then his phone kept restarting, so I removed it and it stopped restarting. When it was on my phone it wouldn't work on it (iPhone 4S and iOS 6.1).

Also, next time you just get the Apple logo, do a hard restart. Hold down Power + Home + Volume Down button until you see the logo.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Jailbreaking works great if you do some research and find out what packages work for your firmware version and what ones havent been updated yet. A little research saves you from lots of headaches.
Most likelly your problem is pasword pilot.
Many have mentioned it hasnt been updated to work with the latest JB yet and causes issues. Remove it.

swoosh0217

macrumors 6502a
Nov 20, 2007
NW
Welcome to the jailbreak world! This is why i no longer jailbreak for couple years now, and it feelsgoodman.jpg

Although there are some tweaks that are buggy, do your research like AJ said and. Most likely, youll find some tweaks that are really awesome and wish Apple should have done it to begin with. There are also tweaks that makes your phone a bit buggy and therefore u dont install it.

I will always jailbreak my phone as long as Im able to and with the fast processor that iPhone 5 have, theres no reason why not to.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Although there are some tweaks that are buggy, do your research like AJ said and. Most likely, youll find some tweaks that are really awesome and wish Apple should have done it to begin with. There are also tweaks that makes your phone a bit buggy and therefore u dont install it.

I will always jailbreak my phone as long as Im able to and with the fast processor that iPhone 5 have, theres no reason why not to.

Thanx captain! But yea of course i do research before installing tweaks! Been doing jailbreak since 2007. However, i think last couple years stock ios has satisfied me.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Why would you be spending time at the jailbreaks section then if you're so happy on stock firmware?
Yep, admit it.
Its like an Ex girlfiend that you just cant get over and keep going back for one last time:D

Lol wat!? Anyways, i didnt even look which section it is. I just posted on thread title that make me lol.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
Going thru the jailbreak section. U dont want to do it but in the back of your mind u u know u do.

Did u read my previous post? I dont even care on which sections of this forum i am at! I just click and post random stuff that goes with the thread!

----------

Because there are some buggy tweaks you don't jailbreak? Okay. thumbsup.gif

No of course not, but with all the hassle going back and forth restore back up update etc... Wat a waste of time when you can actually use that time enjoying the phone instead of having that koo look theme i just got from cydia! Lolol

Last edited:

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
No of course not, but with all the hassle going back and forth restore back up update etc... Wat a waste of time when you can actually use that time enjoying the phone instead of having that koo look theme i just got from cydia! Lolol
I only use one theme that I've purchased: Jaku. It's never slowed my phone down on any of my iPhones... is clean... and looks really nice. Themes the entire phone, including SBSettings. It's also updated frequently.

I also know which tweaks are reliable and which ones are not. If you just go around blindly installing crap, then yes... you are going to run into problems. My phone is just as fast as it was without being jailbroken. If you go around installing cracked tweaks, you can screw things up as well.

Just use a little bit of smarts and you shouldn't have any problems.

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I only use one theme that I've purchased: Jaku. It's never slowed my phone down on any of my iPhones... is clean... and looks really nice. Themes the entire phone, including SBSettings. It's also updated frequently.

I also know which tweaks are reliable and which ones are not. If you just go around blindly installing crap, then yes... you are going to run into problems. My phone is just as fast as it was without being jailbroken. If you go around installing cracked tweaks, you can screw things up as well.

Just use a little bit of smarts and you shouldn't have any problems.

Thanx second captain! But i never mention about phone being slow and such, i just said it is a pain in the butt if you screw up and wasting your time redoing it thats all.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Thanx second captain! But i never mention about phone being slow and such, i just said it is a pain in the butt if you screw up and wasting your time redoing it thats all.
It isn't a pain in the butt if you know what you're doing and already figured out all the garbage. I enjoy my phone plenty. You're implying that's somehow not possible. I'm glad you're enjoying your phone without the epic jailbreak problems you experienced. Everything is fine over here. :rolleyes:

aziatiklover

macrumors 68030
Jul 12, 2011
8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
It isn't a pain in the butt if you know what you're doing and already figured out all the garbage. I enjoy my phone plenty. You're implying that's somehow not possible. I'm glad you're enjoying your phone without the epic jailbreak problems you experienced. Everything is fine over here. :rolleyes:

Well it seems like it is for OP! :rolleyes: or other that have issues with their jailbroken phone threads all over the web! You are one cool bro that's why jailbreak is so epic for you amirite? As for me i'm not so cool so im sticking with stock.

\-V-/

Suspended
May 3, 2012
Well it seems like it is for OP! :rolleyes: or other i have issues with my jailbroken phone threads all over the web! You are one cool bro that's why jailbreak is so epic for you amirite? As for me i'm not so cool so im sticking with stock.
Yes, I'm just a cool guy. That's totally what I'm getting at.

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Its all personal preference.
JB is not for everyone and I can see where aziatiklover is happy with his stock iphone and not interested in JB any longer.
For me those past 2-3 months stock made me really miss my JB hacks.
Now that I got them all back on my new iphone Im happy as a speeder when a police car goes past him even faster:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.