Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:09 PM   #1
shyam09
macrumors 65816

Walmart is selling Refurb iPad (4th Gen) 16GB Black / White model for $350

Link: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Apple-iPad...shed/22288789?

From the questions and answers section, it looks like it's a direct from Apple refurb, and the comments are beaming with joy over how awesome the refurb quality is (basically new as most users points out which leads me to think that this is indeed an apple refurb? No idea if Apple even sends out refurbished items to resellers)
So if you are in the market for an iPad this is a great deal: $350 for a refurb. iPad 16GB (4th Gen) Black/White model
Apple has this listed for $419 on their site.

Just thought I would let you guys know, in case anyone was interested. It's a phenomenal deal for the latest gen iPad
shyam09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2013, 11:12 PM   #2
siurpeeman
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to siurpeeman
any information about the warranty it comes with?
Old Jun 22, 2013, 12:02 AM   #3
shyam09
macrumors 65816

i *think* it's Apple's refurb warranty (1 Yr)... but I have an iPad 3 so I'm not upgrading. Best thing to do would be to buy and return.

But from the Q&A section, most people are saying 1 Yr, though it might be 90 days according to someone who said that walmart told them 90 days...

You would have to buy the deal and return it if it is 90 days. It's a little extra trouble, but you're saving $70 if it is indeed a 1yr warranty
shyam09 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2013, 05:54 PM   #4
Supacali
macrumors newbie

I bought one of the 64gb wifi version about a week ago. It's not refurbed by apple, it's by someone else called Recon group (?). Shipped in 2 days. I wasn't expecting much but it looked brand new no scratches or anything (dead pixel/backlighting/etc. pretty oc myself lol) and came in the retail apple box. I looked at the remaining warranty, this one has til April 2014. I still have a week to return it, though I'm happy with it, and there's an option to buy a drop/spill/damage walmart warranty for 50$ for two years but I'm not likely to buy one, I just put it in an rugged case since I'm pretty good with my stuff.
Supacali is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice