Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater

Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:41 PM   #1
DaGrandMastah
macrumors 6502a

Subler help for multiple language/subtitles?

Hi all, I almost have this down. I have an old school kung fu movie with 2 audio tracks (english and chinese). I finally figured out how to make it so you can select either audio language without them playing at the same time on Apple TV.

What I am trying to do is set it so that the Chinese track always plays the English subtitle track when selected. The only way to do that currently is by manually selecting each on Apple TV.

Does anyone know how I go about doing that?
DaGrandMastah is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:21 AM   #2
Pyromonkey83
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGrandMastah View Post
Hi all, I almost have this down. I have an old school kung fu movie with 2 audio tracks (english and chinese). I finally figured out how to make it so you can select either audio language without them playing at the same time on Apple TV.

What I am trying to do is set it so that the Chinese track always plays the English subtitle track when selected. The only way to do that currently is by manually selecting each on Apple TV.

Does anyone know how I go about doing that?
Normally you would do this by forcing the english subtitle and tying it to the chinese track. Unfortunately, it appears that either the mp4/m4v container does not support this, or iTunes/the ATV does not support this. I am not entirely sure which it is, but it is the same problem with needing forced subtitles for foreign language parts of an english audio movie.

Sadly, unless one, the other, or both finally support this like MKV does, there is not way to do this.
Pyromonkey83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Apple TV and Home Theater