Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cancelled
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
Going through console, I'm seeing a lot of reoccurring random errors. Doing some Google searches, I see that a lot of other people have been getting them but theres no conclusive explanation/solution. I am on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.8.2

The messages are:
Safari[328]: CGContextClipToRect: invalid context 0x0

kernel[0]: Sandbox: sandboxd(*XYZ*) deny mach-lookup com.apple.coresymbolicationd
*XYZ* is a three digit number that change each time.

sandboxd[*ABC*]: ([*UVW*]) WebProcess(*UVW*) deny iokit-open AppleGraphicsPolicyClient
*ABC* and *UVW* are also three digit numbers that change each time

Could someone help me out with this? Thanks!

Last edited:

LPZ

macrumors 65816
Jul 11, 2006
Going through console, I'm seeing a lot of reoccurring random errors. Doing some Google searches, I see that a lot of other people have been getting them but theres no conclusive explanation/solution. I am on a MacBook Pro with OS X 10.8.2

The messages are:

2. *XYZ* is a three digit number that change each time.

3. *ABC* and *UVW* are also three digit numbers that change each time

Could someone help me out with this? Thanks!

Unless you are experiencing difficulties, these can almost certainly be ignored. For the first, have you installed any Safari extensions? Go to Safari-->Preferences-->Extensions to check. If you have any, turn them all off and see if the message stops appearing. Other posts suggest that it is related to closing tabs in Safari, so you might try opening and closing tabs with all extensions disabled. If the message no longer appears, you'll need to figure out what extension might be involved. Updating any that are out of date would be a good idea too.

Don't know anything about the other two, which are much lower-level in origin.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.