Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

swingerofbirch

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Although I don't really have much to say on the matter, I thought it should be noted that Apple's science page was removed some months ago.

I can't remember exactly when the page was taken down, but it was some time in the last six months or so. I had written to Apple giving feedback on the page because it was still advertising very old hardware and software solutions to scientists and hadn't been updated in four years or so.

It used to be at apple.com/science.

Out of curiosity, I checked to see if Microsoft has a science web-site and they do:

microsoft.com/science

(some pretty interesting stuff there)

Microsoft and Google also publish some of their research:
research.google.com
research.microsoft.com

Apple still does have a Pro page, but it's much less community-oriented than before and there are no direct links to it that I see on their main page. The Pro page now simply advertises Final Cut X, Aperture, and Logic Pro with stories of people who use the products.

I guess I just felt like noting that the Apple that went after certain markets apart from education and took a pride in that has been gone for some time.

jnpy!$4g3cwk

macrumors 65816
Feb 11, 2010
I can't remember exactly when the page was taken down, but it was some time in the last six months or so. I had written to Apple giving feedback on the page because it was still advertising very old hardware and software solutions to scientists and hadn't been updated in four years or so.

It used to be at apple.com/science.

Good catch. I used to visit that website section, but, haven't in a long time, so, I did not notice it when it disappeared.

Apple still does have a Pro page, but it's much less community-oriented than before and there are no direct links to it that I see on their main page. The Pro page now simply advertises Final Cut X, Aperture, and Logic Pro with stories of people who use the products.

I guess I just felt like noting that the Apple that went after certain markets apart from education and took a pride in that has been gone for some time.

I find it sad. But, I also don't think it is good business.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.