Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ChrisTX

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Dec 30, 2009
Texas
I didn't see a post here on this, but this looks to be HTC's new flagship. Taking some cues from the iPhone it looks like. HTC ONE

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
I just can't do another HTC after the HTC One X (which was supposed to flagship for a year and then was superseded by HTC One X+, butterfly J & Droid DNA) whilst software rollout for the HTC One X's Sense 4.1 was just excruciatingly painful and protracted with HTC not seemingly aware of it's arse from its elbow.

Global rollout meaning 1 territory ? come on...

Add battery life issues and a ton of bugs in my HTC 8X alongside the most awkward power button and my last two HTC phones have really turned me off them which is sad....

Last edited:

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Add battery life issues and a ton of bugs in my HTC 8X alongside the most awkward power button and my last two HTC phones have really turned me off them which is sad....

It's like looking in a mirror! :O My feelings on HTC are exactly this.

I couldn't stand the HTC One X's power button at the top. It made it so clunky to wake/sleep the device.

blairh

macrumors 603
Dec 11, 2007
I question if HTC is dumb enough to place a home button in the lower right corner.

F123D

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2008
Del Mar, CA
I'll wait for the HTC ONE+ which will probably be their next flagship phone and be announced 4 months later.

mr.suff

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2006
Leeds
Well that's even worse than Verizon putting their logo on the Note 2's home button.

I completely agree. It reminds me of when televisions started putting logos large, in the centre and on the front. Then there was a logic. You have guests over and they can see the companies name.

Here though, most people are going to be staring at the back of your phone. I absolutely detest they logos on the front. Especially when they are placed poorly and not thought through.

TacticalDesire

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2012
Michigan
One X
One S
One V
One SV
One XV
One X+

I'm sure I'm missing some.

All in less than a year. Spewed across multiple different carriers. How are average consumers supposed to keep all these models straight when searching for a new phone? Samsung does this too but what Samsung is doing right is making their flagship phones available on all of the major carriers.

HTC needs to pick 1 flagship phone a year, maybe 2 and make it available on as many carriers as possible. Similar to the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and Note II. That's why those phones are so successful.

matttye

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2009
Lincoln, England
One X
One S
One V
One SV
One XV
One X+

I'm sure I'm missing some.

All in less than a year. Spewed across multiple different carriers. How are average consumers supposed to keep all these models straight when searching for a new phone? Samsung does this too but what Samsung is doing right is making their flagship phones available on all of the major carriers.

HTC needs to pick 1 flagship phone a year, maybe 2 and make it available on as many carriers as possible. Similar to the iPhone 5, Galaxy S3, and Note II. That's why those phones are so successful.

Perhaps it should've been called "HTC ten" instead of one!!

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Leaked render: http://www.phonearena.com/news/Alleged-black-HTC-One-render-leaks_id39825

HTC-One-black.jpg

Here's the white one:

HTC_M7.jpg

It reminds me too much of the BB Z10, but other than that, it's quite an interesting design. Aggressive with the speaker grills (especially the white one, obviously). I'm warming to it. Wonder how the back looks. Also, as someone else pointed out, what's with the home button being on the right.

Anyway, very interesting.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Having owned the original G1, the Mytouch 3G fender edition, the Inspire 4G and the One X, I will continue to invest in the HTC brand. IMO, there's no other brand that compares.

It's just their software rollout that really exasperates and annoys me. The protracted waiting for 4.1 sense update was particularly badly managed by HTC, announcing they had issued a global rollout of the update (which turned out to be a lie, and involved just Taiwan) and then not delivering the proper rollout till 3 months later, with every regions HTC agents proffering wrong information. Its like arse & elbow are not attached...

Dontazemebro

macrumors 68020
Jul 23, 2010
I dunno, somewhere in West Texas
It's just their software rollout that really exasperates and annoys me. The protracted waiting for 4.1 sense update was particularly badly managed by HTC, announcing they had issued a global rollout of the update (which turned out to be a lie, and involved just Taiwan) and then not delivering the proper rollout till 3 months later, with every regions HTC agents proffering wrong information. Its like arse & elbow are not attached...

I wholeheartedly agree and I've come to expect that with HTC, which is why I've been root/roming since cupcake..

I have a super clean build of sense 4.1 jelly bean running flawlessly on my One X as we speak. I know most people don't care to get that technical with their phones but that's one of the main draws of android for me.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Hopefully, this phone turns out well. The One X was one of the worst phones I ever owned. Just a garbage device. HTC will find a way to screw up the phone as they usually do.

Frankied22

macrumors 68000
Nov 24, 2010
Enough with the two toned backs already. It's so ugly. I still hate it on the iPhone 5.

The iGentleman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2012
The chamfeurd edge is what makes it look a lot like the iPhone - and the rectangular shape with the rounded edges....I'd say its a mix of the two.

I'd have to disagree. There are plenty of phones that are rectangular with rounded edges, that isn't anything specific to the iPhone. All in all, I think it's almost identical to the Z10. I don't think it looks like the iPhone at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.