Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

has.marvel

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 13, 2012
I did a search back away in time and did not find anything on this so I thought I would post it. I am a new Mac user, came over because I am a happy user of iPhone and iPad. I have been very disappointed with the calendar app on the Mac. Getting to sue similar apps for such functions was one of my reasons for going Mac. The calendar app seems to allow only one way to create a new event and that is to type something in like "tennis on 3/2 at Sportsclub from 9am to noon". That is real pain as far as I am concerned. I would rather select a day and time and then type in just the event and place which the iPhone app allows. Why is this app so restrictive, allowing just one way to create events? Does not seem to fit the Apple easy to use model at all.

jacodb

macrumors newbie
Feb 28, 2011
Go to the date you want to insert the meeting. Double click on the time you want to schedule the meeting. A popup will appear where you can set the specific time, reminders, invite people, and type in what meeting. Calendar on Mac has the exact same functions as Calendar on iPhone and iPad.

AnnaCody

macrumors regular
Aug 21, 2010
CAPE COD
I don't like the standard calendar app. I use BusyCal.

Bobby.e: thank you so much I AM IN HEAVEN. I recently upgraded to ML and have been going crazy trying to get Calendar to work :eek:

I saw your post and just downloaded BusyCal....where have I been??? I am so glad Calendar didn't work. This app is so much better.

Wishing you the best always :D

palmharbor

macrumors 6502
Jul 31, 2007
Not intuitive

Frequently the field for entering information does NOT pop up and most of the time you must right click to get information, in order to give the event a title
by adding that information in the blank field. There is no opportunity for labeling something in color to denote importance. I think it needs improvement but don't count on it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cubytus

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2007
You CAN create different color calendars, but it's true that a 3-level priority, like in the task list, would be appreciated. However iCal does work quite well for me most of the time.

If there's an Apple software that I don't really like, it would be iPhoto. Makes no sense for me to split photos by event as I am snapping pictures as subject comes, and subjects may be very different in one session.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.