Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:29 AM   #1
Muscle Master
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Traded a Spring GSIII for a 4S

So my girlfriend who was always pro android decided to hop on the bandwagon and get a iphone.. the real reason she decide to switch up cause I always teased her about the superior battery life and how I can always leave the house without my charger and cause my phone last me for about 2 days

So she wanted to sell her mint Galaxy S3 and add cash to a white iphone 5. I told her no.. you might not like the iphone phone (she will) so I have a better idea. since your contract is over in June and the 5S is so near, why not trade your S3 for a 4S.. she said okay

Found a lacky on craiglist that wanted to trade his mint white 4S for a S3 and he adding cash ($60)

Going to make the transaction at a corporate sprint store.. think it was a good deal.. and a great compromise?
__________________
Apple Macbook Pro Retina '13 (Late 2012)
OS X Mountain Lion / Intel Core i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz / 8GB DDR3 1600MHz / Retina Display @ 2560x1600 / 128GB Solid State Drive | Apple iPhone 5S
Muscle Master is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:53 AM   #2
nepalisherpa
macrumors 65832
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
So my girlfriend who was always pro android decided to hop on the bandwagon and get a iphone.. the real reason she decide to switch up cause I always teased her about the superior battery life and how I can always leave the house without my charger and cause my phone last me for about 2 days

So she wanted to sell her mint Galaxy S3 and add cash to a white iphone 5. I told her no.. you might not like the iphone phone (she will) so I have a better idea. since your contract is over in June and the 5S is so near, why not trade your S3 for a 4S.. she said okay

Found a lacky on craiglist that wanted to trade his mint white 4S for a S3 and he adding cash ($60)

Going to make the transaction at a corporate sprint store.. think it was a good deal.. and a great compromise?
I think that's a wise decision; however, one thing is that the June/July release of a new iPhone is only a speculation. It could happen or Apple may stick with September/October release date.
__________________
Macbook Air 11" 2013/i7/8GB RAM/250GB SSD
iPhone 5 32GB Black
iPhone 6+ 64GB Space Gray (pre-ordered)
nepalisherpa is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:59 AM   #3
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Yes, even the 4S is superior to the GS3 in just about every way accept for the processor.
Bahroo is offline   11 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:00 AM   #4
johnnyZ
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
It all sounds good except for the Sprint part.
johnnyZ is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:42 AM   #5
Muscle Master
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyZ View Post
It all sounds good except for the Sprint part.
Yeah tell me about.. Philadelphia was supposed to have gotten LTE in Dec.

But honestly.. The 3G has been really good since I got my iphone 5 in Oct.
__________________
Apple Macbook Pro Retina '13 (Late 2012)
OS X Mountain Lion / Intel Core i5-3210M @ 3.1GHz / 8GB DDR3 1600MHz / Retina Display @ 2560x1600 / 128GB Solid State Drive | Apple iPhone 5S
Muscle Master is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:26 AM   #6
adam044
macrumors 65816
 
adam044's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Boston
Actually a fair trade! I'm amazed
__________________
13" Late 2011 MacBook Pro, 2.4 GHz > iPhone 5s 32GB Space Grey AT&T > iPad 4 > Apple TV 3
adam044 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:25 PM   #7
johnnyZ
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Buffalo, NY
Buffalo, NY has no LTE and the 3G is slllooooowww!
johnnyZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:37 PM   #8
war eagle
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Yes, even the 4S is superior to the GS3 in just about every way accept for the processor.
That's not accurate.
war eagle is offline   8 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by war eagle View Post
That's not accurate.
Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.

Last edited by Bahroo; Feb 12, 2013 at 03:56 PM.
Bahroo is offline   13 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:54 PM   #10
kidoh1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
So my girlfriend who was always pro android decided to hop on the bandwagon and get a iphone.. the real reason she decide to switch up cause I always teased her about the superior battery life and how I can always leave the house without my charger and cause my phone last me for about 2 days

So she wanted to sell her mint Galaxy S3 and add cash to a white iphone 5. I told her no.. you might not like the iphone phone (she will) so I have a better idea. since your contract is over in June and the 5S is so near, why not trade your S3 for a 4S.. she said okay

Found a lacky on craiglist that wanted to trade his mint white 4S for a S3 and he adding cash ($60)

Going to make the transaction at a corporate sprint store.. think it was a good deal.. and a great compromise?
I had a GS3 and traded it +$80 for an iphone 5. It's not mint, but no scratches on glass. 100% happy and I'm sure she will be too.
kidoh1 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:13 PM   #11
ValerieDurden
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Philadelphia, PA, USA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Yeah tell me about.. Philadelphia was supposed to have gotten LTE in Dec.

But honestly.. The 3G has been really good since I got my iphone 5 in Oct.
Sprint is really good for me in Philly as well, can't wait for LTE.
__________________
Nexus 5 Kitkat 4.4.4 [Sprint]
ValerieDurden is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 05:32 PM   #12
vinmac3
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Trade?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidoh1 View Post
I had a GS3 and traded it +$80 for an iphone 5. It's not mint, but no scratches on glass. 100% happy and I'm sure she will be too.
Where did you trade your GSIII for an ip5? I want to do the same thing. I just got my GSIII and I really don't like it. The battery doesn't last anywhere near the amount of time as my ip4.
vinmac3 is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 06:39 PM   #13
teknikal90
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Vancouver, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.
you can't pick and choose. While I am an iOS fan, I can also make as long a list as you for the S3:

larger HD screen, more flexible and less restrictive OS, expandable memory, replaceable battery, better processor, better front camera, NFC...
__________________
Logic Pro and Mainstage 3 User. I use iOS a lot.
teknikal90 is offline   7 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 09:15 PM   #14
kidoh1
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinmac3 View Post
Where did you trade your GSIII for an ip5? I want to do the same thing. I just got my GSIII and I really don't like it. The battery doesn't last anywhere near the amount of time as my ip4.
If you're within 14 days (depending on carrier), just return it. I traded on Craigslist. I was scared, but I checked everything before we finalized the sale.
kidoh1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:14 PM   #15
AutoUnion39
macrumors 68030
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Yes, even the 4S is superior to the GS3 in just about every way accept for the processor.
Why because it has a fruit logo on the back?
AutoUnion39 is offline   10 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:17 PM   #16
iUseBoth
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.
as a owner of a galaxy nexus, an iPhone 4S, and my wifes GS3 I have to sincerely say, you have no idea what you're talking about.

by the way my 1 week old iphone 4s has frozen twice and my appstore says too many https redirects. Go figure on your stability.
iUseBoth is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:30 PM   #17
iUseBoth
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikal90 View Post
you can't pick and choose. While I am an iOS fan, I can also make as long a list as you for the S3:

larger HD screen, more flexible and less restrictive OS, expandable memory, replaceable battery, better processor, better front camera, NFC...
or how about the simple fact that adding a simple file to your phone is a worse experience than getting stripped searched at the airport. I mean on the Android I plug my phone into my computer and drag and drop the file......It takes literally 5 seconds. On iPhone......forget about it!!!

on Android I open up gmail and hit attach and I have a list of things I can attach like Files, Location, Contact, Picture, Video, Music, Applications, or just about anything on my phone.

on my iphone i open up an email and can attach......I'm not even quite sure there seems to be no upload option given and I can't even minimize my keyboard to read an obstructive free email.


Come on dude. I really like the smoothness of iOS, and yes it looks nice hoooray!!! but the more I use my iphone the more i appreciate my galaxy nexus. For Apple stating that "it just works" it sure does make A LOT OF THINGS a freaking headache.
iUseBoth is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 10:38 PM   #18
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by iUseBoth View Post
or how about the simple fact that adding a simple file to your phone is a worse experience than getting stripped searched at the airport. I mean on the Android I plug my phone into my computer and drag and drop the file......It takes literally 5 seconds. On iPhone......forget about it!!!

on Android I open up gmail and hit attach and I have a list of things I can attach like Files, Location, Contact, Picture, Video, Music, Applications, or just about anything on my phone.

on my iphone i open up an email and can attach......I'm not even quite sure there seems to be no upload option given and I can't even minimize my keyboard to read an obstructive free email.


Come on dude. I really like the smoothness of iOS, and yes it looks nice hoooray!!! but the more I use my iphone the more i appreciate my galaxy nexus. For Apple stating that "it just works" it sure does make A LOT OF THINGS a freaking headache.
? there is a upload option if you long press on the screen, from there you can attach whatever you like, but your right in that regard that Android has better sharing functionality.

as for the finding files on your iPhone when you connect your phone? its actually extremely easy, you just go to My Computer and you click on your iPhone and have all your files from your iPhone right there... i can easily drag and drop things to my iPhone
Bahroo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:03 PM   #19
iUseBoth
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
? there is a upload option if you long press on the screen, from there you can attach whatever you like, but your right in that regard that Android has better sharing functionality.
When I long press on the screen i get the option to Select, Select All, Paste, Insert photo or video or quote level.

I see nothing that lets me add a PDF or any of my documents
iUseBoth is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:37 PM   #20
war eagle
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Better app store, better screen quality, better rear camera, better build quality, longer software support, better graphics chip, more secure and stable platform...the list goes on.
subjective. all of those things are things you consider to be better.
war eagle is offline   5 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:50 PM   #21
Bahroo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by war eagle View Post
subjective. all of those things are things you consider to be better.
Its not subjective, everything i said is true
Bahroo is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:45 AM   #22
war eagle
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahroo View Post
Its not subjective, everything i said is true
To you it is true, not every one. You don't speak for me or anyone else. There are no facts that have been verified by any credible source that states what you're saying.

Have a nice day.
war eagle is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:16 AM   #23
MistahMumford
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: SC
I just traded in the opposite direction. Traded my 4S for a white GSIII. Still have my white 5 though. I love both devices.
MistahMumford is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:35 AM   #24
RUGERMAN
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Ios/android

Quote:
Originally Posted by war eagle View Post
subjective. all of those things are things you consider to be better.
Let me ask a question about that. What's important to me is that my files for contacts, bookmarks, pictures, music and most of all my calendar update to my computer, iPad and iPhone. If I am out and get a call I set up an appointment on my phone and it is automatically on all 3 devices. Will an Android phone do that? I am not trying to be critical, I am curious and would like to know. Thanks
RUGERMAN is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 09:37 AM   #25
shenfrey
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: May 2010
Probably could of found an SIII for 5 trade if you looked hard enough, just saying.
__________________
27" Imac, 12GB ram (2009),
Macbook Pro Late 2012
Time Capsule (2009 1TB)
Apple TV (2012), IPhone 5, iPad (4th Gen)
shenfrey is offline   1 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traded 5 for 5s? Why? davistld01 iPhone 18 Sep 20, 2013 05:05 PM
Well Tried Samsung GSIII Back to IP5 Wicked1 iPhone 28 Feb 10, 2013 11:29 AM
GSIII too big? Maybe the GSIII "Mini"? onthecouchagain Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices 6 Oct 2, 2012 06:12 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:55 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps