Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

firedept

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Old iMac died. Have external HDD with backup files. Running 10.8.2 on new iMac. Specs below. Am currently working on doing clean installs of all my software. Mail.App. Do not want to use Migration Assistant from external, unless simple way to just move old mail boxes and nothing else. Now comes the million dollar question. Would like to bring all my old mail boxes onto my new machine. Used to be simple, but things have changed. From my searches on the subject, seems ML hides them. Could someone please assist me with this? Your help will be greatly appreciated. Any further info required, just ask.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 9.45.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-02-12 at 9.45.46 AM.png
    102 KB · Views: 72

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
Copy everything in this folder (code below) from one machine to the other using a thumb drive or external disk.

Click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder, then hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once). Paste the below path into the box that pops up and hit enter. This will open a Finder window showing all your mail folders. Just copy everything in that folder.

Do the same thing in reverse on the new machine. I'm assuming here you have Mountain Lion on both machines.

Code:
~/Library/Mail/V2

firedept

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 8, 2011
Somewhere!
Copy everything in this folder (code below) from one machine to the other using a thumb drive or external disk.

Click the desktop to bring focus to the Finder, then hit shift-command-g (all three keys at once). Paste the below path into the box that pops up and hit enter. This will open a Finder window showing all your mail folders. Just copy everything in that folder.

Do the same thing in reverse on the new machine. I'm assuming here you have Mountain Lion on both machines.

Code:
~/Library/Mail/V2

Thank you Weaselboy! You the best! Worked great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.