Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 12, 2013, 11:38 AM   #1
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

Exchange calendar iTunes sync

My work exchange account is quite locked down - it won't work on any Windows PC other than my work provided one, and no iPhone other than my work provided one using Good for Enterprise.

I can, however, use it on my Mac both with Outlook 2011 and Calendar, probably due to an oversight rather than policy.

I want my work calendar on my own iPhone. I can't add the account directly in Settings. Outlook 2011 doesn't sync with anything other than Exchange. Surely there must be some way of getting Calendar on Mac to sync with Calendar on iPhone? It used to work via iTunes, but now even though iCloud calendars are disabled and the Exchange account is ticked in the iTunes Info panel, it doesn't sync, with or without a wire.

I have OSX 10.8.2, iTunes 11.01(12), iOS 6.1. I have recently jail broken, but this issue predated that.
rbrian is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:21 PM   #2
dianeoforegon
macrumors 6502

You bypass using iTunes and sync directly to Exchange account.

Sync Outlook for Mac calendars and contacts to iPhone
dianeoforegon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:36 PM   #3
rbrian
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by dianeoforegon View Post
You bypass using iTunes and sync directly to Exchange account.

Sync Outlook for Mac calendars and contacts to iPhone
Thanks for taking the time to respond, but please read the question. I can't sync directly, due to the locked down server settings. That's an IT policy decision that I don't have the authority to change, and the CEO has made it quite clear that it isn't going to.

The link you posted is also way out of date - Sync services worked for about a week after Outlook 2011 was launched, and hasn't worked since, and MS have no plans to allow CalDav syncing like every other Calendar client in the world.

Forget about Outlook.

The Exchange calendar works in Calendar (ne้ iCal) on my Mac, but it won't sync to my iPhone via iTunes despite all the boxes being ticked.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store