Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:49 PM   #1
obeygiant
macrumors 68040

Ted Nugent to attend SOTU

Quote:
WASHINGTON — A Republican congressman says he's invited rocker Ted Nugent, who has referred to President Barack Obama's administration as "evil, America-hating," to the State of the Union address.

Rep. Steve Stockman of Texas said Monday on his website that Nugent will be his guest for the president's speech Tuesday night. Stockman has talked of impeaching Obama over his gun-control proposals.

In a speech to the National Rifle Association during the 2012 campaign, Nugent said that if Obama were re-elected, the longtime gun-control opponent would either be "dead or in jail."

Nugent's remarks led to meetings with representatives of the Secret Service.

Rep. Luis V. Gutierrez said another guest would be Gabino Sanchez of South Carolina. Gutierrez described Sanchez as a husband, father and an illegal immigrant fighting deportation.
msn

This only does favors for the opposing view probably.
obeygiant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:26 PM   #2
Technarchy
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by obeygiant View Post
msn

This only does favors for the opposing view probably.
I agree. Illegals shouldn't be invited to the SOTU. They should be deported. Why a criminal who doesn't respect our laws is being invited to such an event instead of being thrown out the country shows this nation has lost its mind.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:30 PM   #3
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Wow they are going to let an illegal alien into the house chambers to watch the STOU. Well I guess that is not to crazy for this administration. They probably won't even ask for identification from him.
edk99 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:35 PM   #4
yg17
In Time-Out

Will Mr. Craps His Pants To Avoid The Draft even be allowed in after making threats against the President? Can't imagine the Secret Service is too happy about that.

Hopefully he only gets in after a full cavity search. Although I do not envy the person who has to check his cavities, god only knows how much hardened feces is up there.
yg17 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:39 PM   #5
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

The article says the source is Steve Stockman's web site. I searched his site and can't find anywhere that this is stated.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:00 PM   #6
edk99
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by yg17 View Post
Will Mr. Craps His Pants To Avoid The Draft even be allowed in after making threats against the President? Can't imagine the Secret Service is too happy about that.

Hopefully he only gets in after a full cavity search. Although I do not envy the person who has to check his cavities, god only knows how much hardened feces is up there.
I trying to figure what threat he made. Unless there is something more to "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year,"

I don't see a threat to the president there. I'm pretty sure the SS was told by someone outside of the SS to go look into Ted to see if you can turn up some dirt. Obviously they did not find anything.
edk99 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Mac'nCheese
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by edk99 View Post
I trying to figure what threat he made. Unless there is something more to "If Barack Obama becomes the president in November again, I will either be dead or in jail by this time next year,"

I don't see a threat to the president there. I'm pretty sure the SS was told by someone outside of the SS to go look into Ted to see if you can turn up some dirt. Obviously they did not find anything.
"We need to ride into that battlefield and chop their heads off in November, Nugent said of the Obama administration.

http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2...an-andrea-saul
Mac'nCheese is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:06 PM   #8
63dot
macrumors 601

This could be the last time we see Nugent free.
63dot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:12 PM   #9
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63dot View Post
This could be the last time we see Nugent free.
I wish he would take Stockman with him. I've actually met with Congressman Stockman on the issue of DOMA and other LGBT rights a few times. I came away disgusted each and every time.

He is truly a paranoid, hateful, ignorant human. Amazing a person who represents the good citizens of Jasper would have issues with President Obama.

The fact that he would invite Ted Nugent is not surprising.....crazy tends to attract crazier.
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:30 PM   #10
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
I wish he would take Stockman with him. I've actually met with Congressman Stockman on the issue of DOMA and other LGBT rights a few times. I came away disgusted each and every time.

He is truly a paranoid, hateful, ignorant human. Amazing a person who represents the good citizens of Jasper would have issues with President Obama.

The fact that he would invite Ted Nugent is not surprising.....crazy tends to attract crazier.
Ted is a weird one.

While not hateful in the same sense of a Westboro, he seems to hate on those who get in the way of his owning guns. He doesn't see eye to eye with his fellow sworn in cops/sheriffs on guns, as this video shows, and is talking about an argument that doesn't address what the interviewer is asking him. Why military grade semi-automatics? Why not address mass shootings? etc. He's on a mission but doesn't realize when the topic is something else. I don't think those of us who believe in the right to bear arms like me is getting any help from this unapologetic pedophile.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkjIMxf0VyU

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/0...-just-thirteen
63dot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:56 PM   #11
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

I think Obama should give him a shout out.
citizenzen is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 02:57 PM   #12
SilentPanda
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenzen View Post
I think Obama should give him a shout out.
I think Nugent would prefer a shoot out.
Old Feb 12, 2013, 03:29 PM   #13
63dot
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
I am sure there are countless fathers of teenage daughters who would be glad to have a shootout with Ted. I don't think Gene Simmons would be far behind.
63dot is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:39 PM   #14
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Looks enthused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mediaite (pic link above)
... the cable news networks have, so far, maintained a near-blockade on Nugent clips, and according to Bill Press, wasn’t featured in any of the crowd shots from the speech. The only exceptions, so far, have been CNN and MSNBC, who each aired Nugent snippets during the 5 am hour Wednesday morning, one of which, naturally, contained the word “fecal.”

NBC News’ Luke Russert … asked Nugent if he thought that ("SFB") was “an appropriate thing to say about a sitting member of Congress (RI rep Langevin) who’s in a wheelchair?” Nugent, no stranger to feces, responded that it would take “genuine fecal material instead of brain matter” to suggest that he doesn’t “feel sorry for the victims of violent crime.”

CNN’s Jim Acosta also caught up with Nugent, who told Acosta that he wasn’t packing, but was apparently carrying *loaded thesaurus. He told Acosta that his message was “Freedom. Freedom and independence. Rugged individualism, and leave us alone.”

Last edited by Sydde; Feb 13, 2013 at 02:54 PM.
Sydde is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:49 PM   #15
LIVEFRMNYC
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentPanda View Post
I think he wouldn't, given his past draft dodging history.
LIVEFRMNYC is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:10 PM   #16
MuddyPaws1
Banned

Not defending Ted....he hurts our fight....but many in this thread need to do some fact checking.
MuddyPaws1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:56 PM   #17
yg17
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
Not defending Ted....he hurts our fight....but many in this thread need to do some fact checking.
I hope you're not referring to me. I stand by what I said about the tea party's Number Two man.
yg17 is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues