Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1
merkianushik
macrumors newbie

Nothing in the Extensions section of Safari

hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	?????? ?????? 2013-02-12 ? 9.19.28.png
Views:	16
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	396391  
merkianushik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:21 PM   #2
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkianushik View Post
hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP
In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
~/Library/Safari/Extensions
See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:45 AM   #3
merkianushik
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPZ View Post
In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.
hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.
merkianushik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:55 AM   #4
LPZ
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by merkianushik View Post
hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.
1) Click anywhere on your desktop (not in any window).

2) The name Finder should then appear next to the at the top-left corner of your screen.

3) To the right of Finder, click on Go. That should open a menu, and in that menu, choose Go to Folder.

4) Enter the following in the Go to Folder box:

Code:
5) In that folder, see if there's a file whose name suggests that it's related to whatever you are trying to delete. If so, remove that file.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help