Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 12, 2013, 12:20 PM   #1
merkianushik
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Nothing in the Extensions section of Safari

hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	?????? ?????? 2013-02-12 ? 9.19.28.png
Views:	16
Size:	45.1 KB
ID:	396391  
merkianushik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 12, 2013, 01:21 PM   #2
LPZ
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkianushik View Post
hey, guys!
so i installed a while ago this xkit extension for tumblr and everything was working well and all. a while agp i started having problems with the website on both safari and firefox and decided to uninstall that, excuse my french, ****. i had no problem uninstalling it from firefox, but can't say the same about safari.

on the website of xkit, it says i should go to safari - preferences - extensions and just uninstall it from there. however, when i go into the preferences, there's just a blank page.
why is it blank, where are all the extensions and is there another way to remove that from my safari?

PLEASE HELPPP
In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
~/Library/Safari/Extensions
See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:45 AM   #3
merkianushik
Thread Starter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by LPZ View Post
In the Finder Go menu, choose Go to Folder and enter

Code:
~/Library/Safari/Extensions
See if there's a file there related to the extension. If so, remove it.
hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.
merkianushik is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:55 AM   #4
LPZ
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by merkianushik View Post
hey, i am sorry, but i don't get the part of "finder go menu, choose go to folder".. what exactly am i supposed to do? i am retarded, thank you.
1) Click anywhere on your desktop (not in any window).

2) The name Finder should then appear next to the at the top-left corner of your screen.

3) To the right of Finder, click on Go. That should open a menu, and in that menu, choose Go to Folder.

4) Enter the following in the Go to Folder box:

Code:
~/Library/Safari/Extensions
5) In that folder, see if there's a file whose name suggests that it's related to whatever you are trying to delete. If so, remove that file.
LPZ is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Safari extensions problem Intelligent Mac Applications and Mac App Store 2 Jan 24, 2014 11:51 AM
safari extensions problem Intelligent OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 0 Jan 23, 2014 03:19 PM
Safari Extensions??? nelly22 Mac Basics and Help 1 Oct 27, 2012 12:00 PM
Your favorite Extensions for Safari? MacMan988 OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 1 Oct 2, 2012 12:05 PM
Safari 6.0 Extensions Problem Bluethree OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 2 Aug 4, 2012 06:30 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC