Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bad-hit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
UK
I tried
Multifl0w
Circuitous Not comptible still
Kirikae
Auxo
Zypher
Go Native
and other multitasking but still didn't find a true alternative for the back Grounder Its the best that can really make apps run in back ground and does not restart please Help I tried everything I have and iPod touch 5th gen

Dont tell that ios 6 have a multitasking i know that save it please i need solution or (TRUE ALTERNATIVE FOR BACKGROUNDER OR SIMILAR)

I need Someone to update it to work with ios 6 :(

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
I tried
Multifl0w
Kirikae
Auxo
Zypher
Go Native
and other multitasking but still didn't find a true alternative for the back Grounder Its the best that can really make apps run in back ground and does not restart please Help I tried everything I have and iPod touch 5th gen

Dont tell that ios 6 have a multitasking i know that save it please i need solution or (TRUE ALTERNATIVE FOR BACKGROUNDER OR SIMILAR)

You do realize that all those apps you tried are only switchers? They are not replacements of Backgrounder.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA
Backgrounder has been abandoned by its author. It still works in iOS 4, but I don't think it'll ever be updated again.

How about you tell us what you need to do, though? Maybe we can offer you a solution that doesn't require Backgrounder.

Krafty

macrumors 601
Dec 31, 2007
La La Land
This is why I'm partially staying on iOS 5.0.1 (aside of being too lazy to reinstall and reconfigure everything). I get the whole "free RAM is wasted RAM," the only thing is if I open a program that I don't plan to use for the next few days (like Weather), I'd rather it not run in the background.

I like being able to add programs I don't mind running in the background as I please. I don't even pay attention to RAM in that matter. Sometimes after a restart I boot up the apps I leave backgrounding just so they're backgrounded.

No impact on battery life thats been too noticeable to me.

bad-hit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
UK
ah... darn. I dont know what to tell you my friend but I'll ask on other forums and report back

Thank You hope to find somthing :)

----------

Exactly.
What app do you need to keep backgrounding that the current ios wont let you?

I need to keep some music apps to work in background and also some games that shutdown and restart even with multitasking backgrounder will never let them do that :) he will force them to stay on

nepalisherpa

macrumors 68020
Aug 15, 2011
USA
Thank You hope to find somthing :)

----------

I need to keep some music apps to work in background and also some games that shutdown and restart even with multitasking backgrounder will never let them do that :) he will force them to stay on

Most up-to-date music apps should run in the background. Which app, specifically, are you talking about?

bad-hit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
UK
backgrounder didnt really even work on iOS 5

wouldn't get my hopes up :(

No it works i have iPod touch 4th gen running on 5.1.1 and backgrounder works fine :) but i bought the 5th gen and know i ned backgrounder for it :)

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
Usually music apps like pandora will still play in the back.
But games take lots of resources so those are usually terminated when not used.
Wonder if theres any other alternatives that work with ios 6.

bad-hit

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 12, 2013
UK
You do realize that all those apps you tried are only switchers? They are not replacements of Backgrounder.

I know but not all of them are switchers Go native is similar to backgrounder but it cant keep apps working or force them to work on background :( and tried other switcher and i hoped that i will find something similar to backgrounder

----------

Email the developer, ask for the source code, and make it work yourself. Only way you're gonna get it.

Edit: actually, no need - it's open source. https://github.com/ashikase/Backgrounder/

Thank you m8 :) i will try

jurrel

macrumors newbie
Apr 10, 2010
San Diego, CA
I tried
Multifl0w
Kirikae
Auxo
Zypher
Go Native

You can do this with Remove Background as it has a built-in setting to keep apps running in the background.

Download and install Remove Background. After installation, click on the RemoveBG icon, then add the apps that you want to keep running the background under the "exceptions" tab. Hope that helps.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
You can do this with Remove Background as it has a built-in setting to keep apps running in the background.

Download and install Remove Background. After installation, click on the RemoveBG icon, then add the apps that you want to keep running the background under the "exceptions" tab. Hope that helps.

I think the exception list in Remove Background just keeps an app running even when you hit the "kill all background apps" switch. What the OP wants to do is to run apps in the background even when they weren't designed to run in the background. Putting apps like that in the Remove Background exception list does nothing because they never run in the background in the first place.

thelatinist

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2009
Connecticut, USA

Can you give us a specific example? So far nothing you've said makes sense. Music apps can run indefinitely integrate background using the iPhone's default multitasking frameworks, and games can be paused and returned to without interruption.

Just what applications are you having trouble with?

azri5678

macrumors newbie
Feb 13, 2013
yeah, i also hope that backgrounder will work for ios 6.
what i really wanted is to let the dropbox auto camera upload to continously run in the background for more than its 5 minutes limitation.

if there are any other alternative for this, please do share with me

dhy8386

macrumors 6502a
Aug 13, 2008
Yup. Infinitytask works well. I especially like it for downloading my podcasts.

I combine this with iScheduler and its a great way to improve on multi tasking.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.