Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yea, sure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
image.png

sorry for the picture being so large, but I've been working on this for a while. i've removed the slide bar, but i still get this black space at the bottom of my screen. i can't get the whole LS to cover the whole screen. I don't know a whole lot about iFile. everything i've been able to edit came from google. i haven't been able to find anything from google to help me with this problem yet. i've tried invisible this and thats, transparent slide bar killer, or whatever. too many things this black space is still here. can anyone give me a simple as possible solution to fix my problem? thanks.

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Hmm. My gut reaction is to blame that on the image you're using... it's a 100% transparent png, right?

yea, sure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
Hmm. My gut reaction is to blame that on the image you're using... it's a 100% transparent png, right?

i have no idea, but i searched for it on google before i downloaded it from cydia because i was having the same issue with other LS. i thought they just weren't optimized from iphone 5 but still would show. it looks like it'd fit perfect on a iphone 4. however, the site i saw it on has it specified for iphone 5. also the original fits the whole screen and says unlock at the bottom. maybe it's because i have transparent tweaks to it that it's doing this?

on second thought, that can't be it, because one of the requirements is to use something to kill the stock slider bar. perhaps i messed something up in iFile.

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Check out this.

iOS 6 Transparent Lockscreen

It plays nicely with Winterboard, and works 100% on my iPhone 5. I would also recommend using Winterboard to do your theming as it is pretty plug and play. It also completely removes the risk of accidentally messing up stock iOS. You can put the above theme into (where Winterboard stores all of its themes)... /Library/Themes.

The images I believe are responsible for that bar on the bottom of the lockscreen are in <thattheme>/Bundles/com.apple.TelephonyUI. I'm not sure which one it is, but if you take a look at those files you will be able to see what the correct file names are, and even use them as part of your own theming to get things looking right.

yea, sure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
i've been using winterboard mainly. i used iFile to remove the enter password not knowing there was already a tweak for that and to remove the bar for that. i'll take a look and see if any of that bottombar etc. i was looking at it before, but wasn't sure if i should bother it or not.

----------

no soap

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013

As in you couldn't get it working? Hmm. Okay, without any themes enabled in Winterboard, does your lockscreen look 100% stock? (I'm curious if you've accidentally broken/deleted the stock images, and that's why it's a black void down there.)

Also is that wallpaper part of a theme or was it set in the typical fashion via image>Use as Wallpaper? (If it's part of the theme then I bet you're using html to display the clock like that. Maybe the html is breaking hence the black area.)

[edit]

Although the black area is distinctly the right size for the slider. I'd double check what images you're using, and that they're transparent, and that no other images are overriding them within Winterboard.

yea, sure

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
good idea, i didn't even think to do that. so i took off all themes from winter board. black bar is gone. i turn on the invisible slider and clear lockscreen and it's perfect with a stock wallpaper. this LS i'm trying to use is supposed to be 640x1136. im thinking it's 640x960.

----------

eh...i should of paid more attention while reading. the LS i downloaded from cydia was for iphone 4, it won't let me download the version for iphone 5. says something about dependicies or conflicts can't be fixed or found automatically. guess im just SOL until the dev fixes it. thanks for the brainstorming.

lucastatic

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2013
Sounds like the theme itself might be 'compatible' with the 640x1136 screen, but the wallpaper (+ or - the actual html) might not be. I'd dig into the theme's files to see if I could find the wallpaper, to figure out what resolution it is. If it's too small you could even supply your own 640x1136 image to use in its stead.

[edit]
Ah, okay. Could always try hacking it into being 1136 compatible. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.