Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 13, 2013, 02:35 AM   #1
shly0718
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to shly0718
Difference between Notetaking app & PDF annotation app

Nowadays, those notetaking app can annotate pdf, most of them price at 5 bucks. And pdf annotation app like PDF expert and iannotate price at 10 bucks, but actually most of their function can be replace by notetaking app such as noteability. So, why they are still rated high in chart or why a lot people buy them. There must be some reasons that they do better that notetaking app(which way better in annotating I think). Is it because they can open tousands pages pdf faster or what? Or actually notetaking apps can already replace them?
shly0718 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:20 AM   #2
jojoba
macrumors 65816

Tree major differences for me:

Annotation apps come with much better options for navigating back and forth between different sections of the PDF.

Annotation apps detect the actual text in a PDF and highlighting and underlining and so on therefore turn out much more accurate.

Annotation apps allow you to export annotations, which is a key element in my workflow.

For my purposes, this makes the additional five bucks well worth it. Your mileage may vary.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:37 AM   #3
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by shly0718 View Post
So, why they are still rated high in chart or why a lot people buy them. There must be some reasons that they do better that notetaking app(which way better in annotating I think).
No one can speak for all those people. Buy based on your needs/wants versus speculating on the reasons of others.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:26 PM   #4
charlituna
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeshi74 View Post
No one can speak for all those people. Buy based on your needs/wants versus speculating on the reasons of others.
I have to agree with this. Apps are to a great degree based on personal need and tastes

Do you have a reason to need the other features of the note apps or at least not need added features in the more expensive PDF ones. If literally all you need is the PDF write up then check the reviews to see if there's been major reporting of issues and if not, go for one of the cheaper.
charlituna is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:27 AM   #5
shly0718
macrumors newbie

Send a message via Skype™ to shly0718
True, thank you all

Actually, I currently use goodnotes app a lot to deal with all my pdf, after updates, app gets better and better, now even can search in pdf, I believe it will be even better in future updates. All I worry about is I never put pdf over 50 pages inside, so app may lag when load 1000+ pages pdf, I don't know
shly0718 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad