Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrs.Bisson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Main Street USA
Ok so Im left with no choice. I have a 13" Mac book pro that I just bought. I also have a I pad. I have a wonderful Journal app for that but I am looking for a new one on the mac book. So I figured out of all the mac lovers on here some one can help me. So here I am on this site. I have been looking on the Mac book for a Journaling app I would like it to be able to have backgrounds with the text on top. Which I know is hard to find but not a must. I also want an app that also has a password protection as well. It also would be nice if I wanted to add a photo in that would be good to. I just need to have an easy to use journal. But when I went to the store there is way to many apps to choose from and not many people tell you a lot about the app in their reviews but basically I just need to find a reliable app for me to write in everyday and just get my thoughts out in one place. I was looking at the Mac Journal and it kind of didn't have a good review so I wasn't really inclined to go with that because I noticed on another post that was recommended so if anyone has any other suggestions that would be awesome thanks.

Mrs.Bisson

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Main Street USA
ok so the only thing...

So I like the app but Im not sure because they have these options to pay a monthly fee and that kind of is weird but so far so good also Im wondering if what Im typing is private I don't need everyone and there brother seeing it. But Im sure I'll figure that out but thanks again. Still continuing my search a little.

Nov 28, 2010
located
So I like the app but Im not sure because they have these options to pay a monthly fee and that kind of is weird but so far so good also Im wondering if what Im typing is private I don't need everyone and there brother seeing it. But Im sure I'll figure that out but thanks again. Still continuing my search a little.

Evernote is free, but like many cloud applications, Dropbox for example, you can get more features by paying something.
But since you seem to be text orientated, the free version should suffice your needs.
And if your Evernote password is strong enough (13 and more characters of letters, numbers and symbols), you shan't worry about snooping, unless you are a target due to your position you work at.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.