Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davewill2010

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
Well my iBook G4 has arrived and I am well pleased with it! It has 1GB of RAM, 120GB HDD and for its age it is in VERY good condition! I expected to see at least some wear on the keyboard keys and touchpad but it looks like it has hardly been used. Previous owner had done a fresh install of Leopard on it so I just needed to complete the setup questions and I was good to go!

Battery is holding charge well and it also came with an extra Ac adaptor in the box!

Paid £100 (GBP) so really pleased!!

Quick question, how difficult is it to add RAM?

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Well my iBook G4 has arrived and I am well pleased with it! It has 1GB of RAM, 120GB HDD and for its age it is in VERY good condition! I expected to see at least some wear on the keyboard keys and touchpad but it looks like it has hardly been used. Previous owner had done a fresh install of Leopard on it so I just needed to complete the setup questions and I was good to go!

Battery is holding charge well and it also came with an extra Ac adaptor in the box!

Paid £100 (GBP) so really pleased!!

Quick question, how difficult is it to add RAM?
Good to hear you got it and that it's in such good condition. Apple really made some great iBooks and PowerBooks both aesthetically and quality-wise.

Enjoy it! These are great Macs and a lot of fun. And still, very much useful!

davewill2010

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 10, 2013
haha sweet, didn't know iBooks are still able to buy^^ hahah I am sorry for laughing :D sooo precious devices

Am I missing the joke here? Care to enlighten me?!

----------

Good to hear you got it and that it's in such good condition. Apple really made some great iBooks and PowerBooks both aesthetically and quality-wise.

Enjoy it! These are great Macs and a lot of fun. And still, very much useful!

I am truly amazed at the condition of it, expected it to be pretty tatty to say the least but it looks almost new! They certainly made things to last when this was made as it looks as good condition wise as my 3 year old Dell laptop!

iPusch

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2012
Manhattan, New York
Am I missing the joke here? Care to enlighten me?!

----------

I am truly amazed at the condition of it, expected it to be pretty tatty to say the least but it looks almost new! They certainly made things to last when this was made as it looks as good condition wise as my 3 year old Dell laptop!

There was no joke :)) I just had that feel of idk something Oh darn! I dunno...
Don't you sometimes start to laugh & dunno about what you are laughing, thats exactly what I had^^haha again so funny that I actually have to write that right now :D

neilly93

macrumors member
Feb 15, 2013
My iBook G4 was my first ever Mac (well, sort of - I originally had a G3 that was stolen after a couple of months when our student house was broken into. The insurance company replaced it with the Snow G4, so it worked out pretty well!). It was a fantastic machine, and I still used it right up until last year.

Enjoy yours, sounds like you got a good deal!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.