Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:34 AM   #1
Axmann
macrumors member

Help me attend a coroner's case!

My anatomy teacher allows students to go with him on coroner's cases occasionally, and the way he picks is by sending an email to everyone, and the first 5 that respond get picked. I'm trying to develop a way for my phone to ring an alarm whenever I get an email from my instructor that includes the string "CORONER" in any form. Does anyone know how I could do this with either an iPad, iPod Touch, or an Android phone?
Axmann is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:43 AM   #2
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axmann View Post
My anatomy teacher allows students to go with him on coroner's cases occasionally, and the way he picks is by sending an email to everyone, and the first 5 that respond get picked. I'm trying to develop a way for my phone to ring an alarm whenever I get an email from my instructor that includes the string "CORONER" in any form. Does anyone know how I could do this with either an iPad, iPod Touch, or an Android phone?
Overly complicating things. Just set your phone to ring when you receive new emails.
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:11 AM   #3
heehee
macrumors 68020

In Android phone, you can set up priority sender inbox and set a ringtone to that sender.
heehee is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:02 AM   #4
Axmann
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric/ View Post
Overly complicating things. Just set your phone to ring when you receive new emails.
I want to set it up so it rings with a loud alarm and wakes me up when I receive the email, and I don't want it to alert me for any other emails. He does his coroner cases usually around 3-4 in the morning.
Axmann is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:03 AM   #5
eric/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axmann View Post
I want to set it up so it rings with a loud alarm and wakes me up when I receive the email, and I don't want it to alert me for any other emails. He does his coroner cases usually around 3-4 in the morning.
Well do you typically receive other emails at 3-4 am?
eric/ is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:37 AM   #6
Toppa G's
macrumors 6502

Couldn't you set up the instructor as a VIP contact in Mail (and then have a custom tone for VIPs) that is loud/annoying enough to wake you?

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion