Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spudgun79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Hi all,

Apologies if this is in the wrong topic, or even if it breaks any rules.

I have recently been given an old Apple Macintosh 1MB M0001A. As far as I can tell it's in good working order.

I have no need for it but don't want to throw it away before finding out if it's of value to any collector etc. If you'd know of where I could possible sell it to an enthusiast or whether it should just go in the bin, I'd be grateful.

Thanks in advance.

MacinDan

macrumors regular
Jun 26, 2010
It has a CRT inside it, so you don't want to throw it in the trash. Is there anybody who recycles computers/CRT monitors near where you live?

As far as value goes, it's been awhile since I looked but I don't think you'd get much for it. You should keep it. They make for cool computers. Running system 6, they boot faster than modern computers.

csixty4

macrumors regular
Apr 8, 2010
Somerville, MA
Mac Plusses don't have a whole lot of resale value. They're not as rare as a 128k or even a 512k, and they aren't as expandable as an SE/30. Expect maybe $20-40, maybe more if you have some interesting accessories or software.

They're still cool computers to have around, especially if you want a "toaster Mac" around as a conversation piece.

Last edited:

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
I would keep it, but if you don't, give it to someone who would appreciate it, as opposed to a recycler/trash.

spudgun79

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
I would keep it, but if you don't, give it to someone who would appreciate it, as opposed to a recycler/trash.

That's why I registered here mate. Thanks for all the input. I might try and find periphirals for it and use it for something. At least I know it's not worth putting on ebay ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.