Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:24 PM   #1
2Turbo
macrumors 6502

Question Safe to order 27" iMac yet?

I've seen some threads about image retention/dust/yellow spots. I wanted a 27" but it seems a little risky. Should I order now? Or should I wait a few months for these issues to be ironed out?

I really don't want to replace it 4 times and deal with all the hassle.
2Turbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:29 PM   #2
J. Rab
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Turbo View Post
I've seen some threads about image retention/dust/yellow spots. I wanted a 27" but it seems a little risky. Should I order now? Or should I wait a few months for these issues to be ironed out?

I really don't want to replace it 4 times and deal with all the hassle.
LOL -- with all the delays and wait time on delivery -- you might as well order it now -- you'd receive it in a few months or so anyway
J. Rab is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:54 PM   #3
skinny*k
macrumors regular

No matter what it is, or who makes it, there’s always a chance that you’ll get a lemon, and most 27” iMacs aren’t defective—if you wait until you’re absolutely sure, you’ll never get one. If you do manage to get a bad one, Apple is usually pretty good about making customers happy; go for it.
skinny*k is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:06 PM   #4
JohnDory
macrumors member

I'm a bit disappointed about the speed of iMovie on the new 27'. I went to the expense of fusion, i7 and 680 graphic card, and yet it is excruciatingly slow.

The issue is known for years (see iMovie slow discussion on Apple site), yet nothing is done to fix it properly.

Buyer beware, I guess. I wish I'd known. No point having the hardware if the software has an issue.
JohnDory is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:19 PM   #5
2Turbo
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDory View Post
I'm a bit disappointed about the speed of iMovie on the new 27'. I went to the expense of fusion, i7 and 680 graphic card, and yet it is excruciatingly slow.

The issue is known for years (see iMovie slow discussion on Apple site), yet nothing is done to fix it properly.

Buyer beware, I guess. I wish I'd known. No point having the hardware if the software has an issue.
Well to be fair, that's a software issue and can be fixed by updates (if they ever do). I feel sorry for ya and I know Apple has dropped the ball on a lot of things really.
2Turbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac