Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:57 PM   #1
Planky
macrumors member

Question My Info mix up

I have a conundrum that I hope the mighty intellects here can help me with.

I have upgraded to am iPhone 5, so I wiped my old iPhone 4s and gave it to my daughter. We each have and are logged into our own Apple IDs on our respective iPhones.

The problem I have is that if I set my identity to myself in Settings->General->Siri->My Info on the iPhone 5 it changes on the iPhone 4s too, and if my daughter sets her identity it changes mine.
Planky is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 04:19 PM   #2
madsci954
macrumors 68000

Somewhere in Apple's servers, it sees the 4S still connected to you. Start here:

supportprofile.apple.com

Login with your Apple ID and have her do the same with her ID. Check and make sure that the 4S is linked to her account and not yours.
madsci954 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:54 PM   #3
Planky
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by madsci954 View Post
Somewhere in Apple's servers, it sees the 4S still connected to you. Start here:

supportprofile.apple.com

Login with your Apple ID and have her do the same with her ID. Check and make sure that the 4S is linked to her account and not yours.
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have removed the iPhone 4s from my profile and added it to my daughter's profile and have given it a month to settle down, but it still keeps both iPhones to the same identity.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Tyler23
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planky View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I have removed the iPhone 4s from my profile and added it to my daughter's profile and have given it a month to settle down, but it still keeps both iPhones to the same identity.
Are you logged in to the same iCloud account? Sign in to the same apple account, but you should each have your own iCloud account.
Tyler23 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 2013, 02:00 PM   #5
Planky
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler23 View Post
Are you logged in to the same iCloud account? Sign in to the same apple account, but you should each have your own iCloud account.
We each have our own iCloud accounts and are signed in on our own iPhones. The iPhone 4s used to be mine, but I have removed it from my support profile and added it to my daughters.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone