Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Feb 13, 2013, 03:08 PM   #1
TaylorE
macrumors newbie

Late 2012 27" iMac - problems installing Windows 7

Hello all,

I received my new iMac and decided to partition Windows 7 using Boot Camp for OSX 10. 8. 2. I went through the entire process and ran Windows with no problems until I noticed that I hadn't installed the Apple Support Software for the computer's drivers. I switched back to OSX and for some reason deleted the partition with W7 on it wirhout thinking. I took an MS DOS(fat)-formatted usb flashdrive and dowloaded the support software on it. I then inserted my retail copy of Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit into the Apple usb Superdrive, and initialized the task to re-install it via Boot Camp Assistant. I partitioned as much space as I wanted and the iMac restarted. After hearing the 'bong' chime at startup, the screen stays white for about 10 seconds, and then transitions to a black screen with a blink cursor in the top-left corner. When I restart and hold alt/option, I can choose OSX, Windows and EFI BOOT. Choosing the latter gets me a black screen saying,"The boot disk was not found. Please insert the disk and press any key to continue", but my keyboard and mouse don't work.
What should I do? My iMac came with no OSX install disk; it was already pre-loaded.

Taylor
TaylorE is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac