Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:49 PM   #1
FullMetalx117
macrumors regular

iPhone will not get Un-Jailbroken

Today I purchased an iphone of craigslist that was jailbroken. I successfully activated it and am now trying to restore it back to the regular OFW. I first try to reset throguh the iphone. However the circle kept spinning for like an hour. I decided to power it off and try again. Surprisingly all of the person's stuff was still there. I tryired to reset through the iphone again. This time I was more impatient and quite after liek 2 min. I went into DFW mode and im trying to restore through itunes. However, I keep getting this error- 3014. Now I can't even exit dfu mode. any tips?
FullMetalx117 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 05:52 PM   #2
Feed Me
Banned

Error 3014.

Update to the latest version of iTunes.

Verify the computer's date and time are accurate.

Check that your security or firewall software is not interfering with ports 80 or 443, or with the server gs.apple.com.

Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.

An entry in your hosts file may be redirecting requests to gs.apple.com (see "Unable to contact the iOS software update server gs.apple.com" above).

Internet proxy settings can cause this issue. If you are using a proxy, try without using one.

Test restoring while connected to a known-good network.
Feed Me is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 06:14 PM   #3
FullMetalx117
macrumors regular

got it to work thanks! I pretty much gave up using my desktop. I went ahead and tried on my laptop and it worked first try! Maybe because my desktop is running windows 8 and my laptop is running windows 7? Who knows! Just glad my iphone is not in a dead state.
FullMetalx117 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone