Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

araje

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 15, 2012
Hi all, I have an iPad and an iPhone, but never really used an iPod any time. I am planning to buy one for my mom. Question : will either of the above have specific apps for their form factors ?
Can they use iTunes Match ?

I know the spec difference between them but I don't know if their sound quality is just the same or one is better than the other.

I felt the form factor of 6th gen is better suited for my mom.

Let me know if there is anything I need to know about 6th gen that I am ignoring.

iPodJedi

macrumors 6502a
Nov 28, 2013
Apple Store, USA
well i was just contributing to the thread.
I like the 7g because it looks like a iphone and you can still watch movies
also the nike plus app is really accurate which i use a lot when running at the gym.

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I like the 7g because it looks like a iphone and you can still watch movies
also the nike plus app is really accurate which i use a lot when running at the gym.

Good contribution to a message board does not include reconstructing old threads and putting your own input into them. If you can't respond to a currently active topic on this site, then don't post at all.

And in saying that, DON'T just walk into a thread just to put your opinion down. When people ask whether you prefer having a case on your device, or not having one, go into detail on WHY, and not just that you don't like having one. And if you can't give an answer that isn't just a one sentence statement, then walk away from it. Sometimes it's OK to do it, but not all the time.

People don't go on message boards to read crazy long posts, but they don't like having to read stuff that has very little reason to be said.

myrtlebee

macrumors 68030
Jul 9, 2011
Maryland

That's fine, but try doing it for current posts (which I know can be hard in the iPod forum, sadly). The people you are responding to have moved on from the question months ago. Especially don't resurrect so many old threads at once with one sentence responses. Hopefully things pick up in the iPod forum to allow for better and more current conversation, but it's a fading product by Apple's own choosing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.