Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:08 PM   #1
araje
macrumors regular

7th generation iPod from Apple Store or 6G from eBay

Hi all, I have an iPad and an iPhone, but never really used an iPod any time. I am planning to buy one for my mom. Question : will either of the above have specific apps for their form factors ?
Can they use iTunes Match ?

I know the spec difference between them but I don't know if their sound quality is just the same or one is better than the other.

I felt the form factor of 6th gen is better suited for my mom.

Let me know if there is anything I need to know about 6th gen that I am ignoring.
araje is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2014, 02:05 PM   #2
iPodJedi
macrumors 6502a

Seventh gen nano is so much better I have one and use it every day and I love it's design and battery life and functions
Old Jan 18, 2014, 11:06 PM   #3
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPodJedi View Post
Seventh gen nano is so much better I have one and use it every day and I love it's design and battery life and functions
Take a look at the original post's date. And also for the other dozen threads you've resurrected.
myrtlebee is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2014, 01:03 PM   #4
iPodJedi
macrumors 6502a

well i was just contributing to the thread.
I like the 7g because it looks like a iphone and you can still watch movies
also the nike plus app is really accurate which i use a lot when running at the gym.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 02:26 PM   #5
Jessica Lares
macrumors 603

Quote:
I like the 7g because it looks like a iphone and you can still watch movies
also the nike plus app is really accurate which i use a lot when running at the gym.
Good contribution to a message board does not include reconstructing old threads and putting your own input into them. If you can't respond to a currently active topic on this site, then don't post at all.

And in saying that, DON'T just walk into a thread just to put your opinion down. When people ask whether you prefer having a case on your device, or not having one, go into detail on WHY, and not just that you don't like having one. And if you can't give an answer that isn't just a one sentence statement, then walk away from it. Sometimes it's OK to do it, but not all the time.

People don't go on message boards to read crazy long posts, but they don't like having to read stuff that has very little reason to be said.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 03:44 PM   #6
myrtlebee
macrumors 65816

Quote:
That's fine, but try doing it for current posts (which I know can be hard in the iPod forum, sadly). The people you are responding to have moved on from the question months ago. Especially don't resurrect so many old threads at once with one sentence responses. Hopefully things pick up in the iPod forum to allow for better and more current conversation, but it's a fading product by Apple's own choosing.
myrtlebee is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod