Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:16 PM   #1
butterflywoman
macrumors newbie

iMovie Events vs. Projects--I want raw video

Hello,

I need the pure raw video I took--I very specifically may not edit it. I'm not so technologically savvy and am therefore scared to do anything with my event that may compromise it. The one thing I did to it is shorten it. I removed clips off of either end. What I want to do now is make sure I don't lose it. I'd like to move it to Google Drive, but when I go to upload it the event shows as three different clips. One is 52 minutes, the other two are less than 2 minutes. The clip as I shortened it is 17:49. Soooo, why doesn't it show as a 17:49 clip in Finder? Do I need to move it to Projects? Will that mess it up, or is that the necessary next step on my way to moving the video around (to Google Drive, to dvd, to the website portfolio where I will eventually be required to upload it)?

Thanks in advance.
butterflywoman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:55 PM   #2
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

iMovie, like all modern editing software, is non-destructive which means that what you do to video in the software (cut it up, add effects, etc.,) does not change the video clip itself that is sitting on your hard drive. What you need to do is export the 17:49 long clip you made out of iMovie. I'm not familiar with iMovie so I can't recommend how to do it so you retain the most quality but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with that info.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:24 AM   #3
daybreak
macrumors 6502a

First things first. Before you start asking what you wish to do. How about telling us if you have any editing software?. Then one can look at your questions and continue.
What you are asking is possible.
daybreak is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:29 PM   #4
LethalWolfe
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by daybreak View Post
First things first. Before you start asking what you wish to do. How about telling us if you have any editing software?. Then one can look at your questions and continue.
What you are asking is possible.
The OP said they are using iMovie and that they have already edited a clip down to the desired duration. They just need to export that clip out at high quality and upload it to their Google Drive.

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video