Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:19 AM   #26
stlblufan
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
You better get in line then. Apple WILL patch the jailbreak. Maybe not in the next release. But they WILL at some point in the future.
Obviously. But most updates aren't required by IT in order to access Exchange. This is essentially a must-have update -- I don't want to have to choose between remaining on 6.1 with JB but no Exchange or moving to whatever new firmware with Exchange but no JB.
stlblufan is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:20 AM   #27
\-V-/
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenesisST View Post
Just ignore those comments... it is better for your health!

And I should ignore the comments about these comments...
Lol... will do... and we will both be in better health.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:31 AM   #28
iChrist
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust76 View Post
What 'No WiFi' bug? Don't have a single problem with my wife's 4S...

Great for you.

Look, this update has more bugs than 'features', it is an embarrassment. I can not believe how fast Apple is going downhill. They have no direction anymore and are just spinning their wheels.

Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:42 AM   #29
FresA
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by locust76 View Post
What 'No WiFi' bug? Don't have a single problem with my wife's 4S...
Oh yeah? that's weird.
https://discussions.apple.com/article/TS1559

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...art=0&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/thread...rt=60&tstart=0

https://discussions.apple.com/message/21236140#21236140

need more, bro??
FresA is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 11:29 AM   #30
mr.steevo
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1080p View Post
I have seen "No WiFi" on a friend's 4S. It is not a software bug. It is faulty hardware that requires a Genius exchange.
We had problems with wi-fi not connecting on a 4S after updating to iOS 6. Like you say it meant having to replace the phone.
mr.steevo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 12:39 PM   #31
calaverasgrande
macrumors 65816

So, has there been a recent IOS update that didn't break Exchange connectivity?
I understand that in Cupertino they probably all use Apple and unix servers. But the rest of corporate America we use Microsoft exchange and Active Directory on Windows servers. If apple expects to continue to penetrate the corporate market they need to get their act together.
calaverasgrande is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 01:40 PM   #32
NedBookPro
macrumors 6502

APPLE: While you're at it, can you return the swoosh sound to *AFTER* negotiation has completed with the smtp server where it should be, and where it used to be with iOS5.

It's annoying and illogical to hear that sound, only to find the send failed later.

The swoosh sound before smtp negotiation gives you the false sense the message sent successfully.

Anyone else want this restored to where it should be?

Old Feb 14, 2013, 02:51 PM   #33
Vespa Alex
macrumors newbie

We've been having active sync issues since iOS 5 - getting about forty times the volumes of transaction logs we should do on Exchange 2010.

I've had a call logged with Microsoft and we've proved it's the iPhones causing it but they basically washed their hands of it after several months of back and forth.

I'm in the process of upgrading everyone to 6.1.1 to see if that clears it. If not we may be going for Windows phones next time round
Vespa Alex is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:49 PM   #34
FresA
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlituna View Post
Given that the hardware was often working fine before running a software update it could just be software. But they haven't been able to figure out what part of the software it is yet for some variants (like the wifi being grayed out) so they are swapping hardware.
Thank you.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.steevo View Post
We had problems with wi-fi not connecting on a 4S after updating to iOS 6. Like you say it meant having to replace the phone.
It's not hardware, if it was then I wouldn't even be able to updated thru WiFi in the first place...

it got all messed up after 6.1; ever since then, No Wifi connections has been detected.
FresA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:42 PM   #35
MacFly123
macrumors 68020

This is not the only repeat major security bug in iOS 6.1! I found one last night. You can use universal search to find iMessages that have been deleted!

I was shocked when I found it. I have reported the issue to all the tech sites. I hope one of them will publish it so Apple fixes the issue!!!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 08:40 AM   #36
blah45
macrumors newbie

no wifi fix

Quote:
Originally Posted by FresA View Post
WTF?!!
What they REALLY need to fix is the iPhone 4s 'NO WiFi' BUG.
6.1.1 didn't do ***** for us.
Turn your phone off, leave it in the fridge or freezer for a while, and then turn it back on. This fixes the "no wifi" message on my iPhone 4. Seriously. The key is to boot the phone while it is cold.
blah45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion