Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:41 PM   #26
commander.data
macrumors 6502a

Given how long iOS 6.1 was in beta (~3 months), yet it has only minor additions and still came with multiple officially acknowledged bugs, I'm hoping that means something big is coming for iOS 7 that has been diverting all Apple's software attention and resources.
commander.data is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:43 PM   #27
Radio
macrumors 68000

So this was much more pleasant than the other "nope" dude.

Would you guys be happy if he just said

"Yup."

?

Radio

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander.data View Post
Given how long iOS 6.1 was in beta (~3 months), yet it has only minor additions and still came with multiple officially acknowledged bugs, I'm hoping that means something big is coming for iOS 7 that has been diverting all Apple's attention and resources.
They'll say some Bs like this is our best iOS yet!

Of course it is!
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:47 PM   #28
smulji
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
Well we already knew AU Optronics reported it wouldn't be ready for manufacture till Q3 2013 and to ship till Q4 2013. But folks still believed they'd update them in March which just made no sense.

Hopefully this puts it to bed once and for all becuase the ipad forum was becoming excruciatingly tiresome with the should i wait till march posts...

Not too huge I hope.. My wrist isn't that big
Are you sure they were referring to Q3 / Q4 2013 and not 2012? I could've sworn it's 2012.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post

"Yup."

?

Radio

----------

They'll say some Bs like this is our best iOS yet!

Of course it is!
For whatever it's worth, here's a quote from Matthew Panzarino, from The Next Web blog;

"There will be big changes this year in iOS, but from what I hear a lot of those will be under the hood. Whatever sweeping alterations to its look are coming will (most likely, I don’t have any info on this) be down the road, if they’re coming at all. "

Generally, his sources are pretty good, not 100% of course, but still decent so take it for what it's worth.
smulji is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 05:56 PM   #29
jamesryanbell
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJobs2.0 View Post
Never saw someone make so many pointless and empty predictions before. "New iPhones will come... Eventually!" Yeah, no kidding.

I came here to post this.

If there's no real predictions, why post it?

"He's accurate, but he didn't say anything..."

jamesryanbell is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:00 PM   #30
teknikal90
macrumors 65816

iWatch idea sounds meh. My watch is my iPhone and my 'jewellery' watch is a fine watch brand...not a consumer electronic brand that makes things with a 2 year obsolete date.

iTV in a stalemate? Sort of expected. TBH, I'm very happy and content with my LCD + good speakers + Apple TV set top box + Netflix.... very cheap, simple, easy to use and straight forward. I don't see how you can make something leaps and bounds better than that just yet.

not really interested in a new ipad. I think the A5 is perfectly capable to read books, watch movies and go on the modern web. my A6X should last some while still.
and i like my big bezel and black+silver design.

What I'm interested in, is a new iphone and the hope for an AWESOME new iOS!!!!
My heart jumped when I saw that iOS section of the article hahah
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:01 PM   #31
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by smulji View Post
Are you sure they were referring to Q3 / Q4 2013 and not 2012? I could've sworn it's 2012.[COLOR="#808080"]
No definitely 2013.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:15 PM   #32
basesloaded190
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to basesloaded190
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post

"Yup."
That "nope" dude is the guy everyone goes to either confirm or deny any rumor. You must be knew because that's how he pretty much answers any question regarding rumors.
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:22 PM   #33
liavman
macrumors 6502

Quote:
The real story that needs to be reported is that XYZ is basically become a company without focus. They are attempting to grow their customer base in the near term by providing a multitude of products. While it will improve their short-term sales numbers, they will ultimately dilute their brand to nothing other than just another competitor in a sea of many. XYZ products used to be trend setting and well targeted, but are now just reduced to following whatever else looks even remotely promising.
Fixed it for you so you can use it as a template to trash any company you do not like.

Last edited by liavman; Feb 14, 2013 at 06:33 PM.
liavman is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:30 PM   #34
SteveJobs2.0
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by liavman View Post
Fixed it for you so you can use it as a template to trash any company you do not like.
Yes, but unlike most companies, Apple used to be extremely well run and a force to be reckoned with. I am not sure that will continue to be the case. Unless, of course, you desire Apple to become the equivalent of LG or the like. Sony went down the same path and look at them today.
SteveJobs2.0 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:35 PM   #35
tonydickinson
macrumors member

Quote:
Never saw someone make so many pointless and empty predictions before. "New iPhones will come... Eventually!" Yeah, no kidding.

The real story that needs to be reported is that Apple is basically become a company without focus. They are attempting to grow their customer base in the near term by providing a multitude of products. While it will improve their short-term sales numbers, they will ultimately dilute their brand to nothing other than just another competitor in a sea of many. Apple products used to be trend setting and well targeted, but are now just reduced to following whatever else looks even remotely promising.
Yep iPhone, iPad, iPhone, Ipad, what about the Mac and OSX and the loyal customer base that has for so long supported Apple. We see the "Awesome" factor decline with the share price, will the new Google/Motorola phone eclipse the iPhone???

Whatever - the lack of focus is sadly evident.
tonydickinson is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:36 PM   #36
liavman
macrumors 6502

It is still pointless drivel until there are clear and understandable definitions of 'well run and a force to reckon with' and at what period Apple was and why they are not now. Without such context, you can say such things about any company.
liavman is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:36 PM   #37
mrhick01
macrumors regular

Quote:

The real story that needs to be reported is that Apple is basically become a company without focus. They are attempting to grow their customer base in the near term by providing a multitude of products. While it will improve their short-term sales numbers, they will ultimately dilute their brand to nothing other than just another competitor in a sea of many. Apple products used to be trend setting and well targeted, but are now just reduced to following whatever else looks even remotely promising.
Why can't it just be that there are multiple projects going on in the engineers' lab and it has yet to be seen what the next things are, much less the so-called Next Big Thing.

TV could be a game changer if they ever get some buy-in. The watch? Hey, if it makes it to market, it will be a well-conceived idea. Other phone sizes? I gravitate to your concerns, but not to the same degree.

Given that Apple is now a behemoth with over $150 billion a year in profits, it becomes ever so harder to come up with a "game-changer," as if it has to be some monster that has to add a minimum of $25 billion in profit. It is a shame that they cannot conceive multiple useful smaller products that would be profitable at high margin...but say it only adds a couple of billion to the bottom line, tech pundits will call it a flop and Apple critics will just pile on...
mrhick01 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:38 PM   #38
Moonjumper
macrumors 65816

I thought one of the most interesting points was in one of the links within the linked article:

Quote:
Almost 9 out of 10 AT&T customers bought 4-inch or smaller iPhones last quarter rather than all big screen Android and Windows Phones combined, and roughly 6 out of 10 Verizon customers did the same.
That lessens the case for Apple needing a larger screen iPhone.
Moonjumper is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:38 PM   #39
mrhick01
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by commander.data View Post
Given how long iOS 6.1 was in beta (~3 months), yet it has only minor additions and still came with multiple officially acknowledged bugs, I'm hoping that means something big is coming for iOS 7 that has been diverting all Apple's software attention and resources.
What would iOS 7 have to be able to do to "wow" you?
mrhick01 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Radio
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by basesloaded190 View Post
That "nope" dude is the guy everyone goes to either confirm or deny any rumor. You must be knew because that's how he pretty much answers any question regarding rumors.
Nope.

Look it's still arrogant no matter how you look at it.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhick01 View Post
What would iOS 7 have to be able to do to "wow" you?
Intelliscreenx

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennisandMusic View Post
You know, if the iWatch comes out, this phrase is going to take on a whole new meaning. Can't wait.
Guess what?

You can wait
Radio is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:03 PM   #41
smallnshort247
macrumors 6502a

To me, the newer version of iOS that they're working on is the most important thing. I think a new exciting OS will bring people back to Apple more so than an iPad mini with a retina display running the same OS. It's great to know they have some big things in the works!
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:04 PM   #42
jsep
macrumors member

Why do these "cheaper iPhone" rumors keep popping up. They already have cheaper iPhones. The 4 and the 4S.
jsep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:28 PM   #43
Cyclonemac
Banned

Quote:

The real story is you don't know anything about their plans either and are stating your opinion as fact.
Cyclonemac is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:31 PM   #44
Chuck-Norris
Banned

dafaq
Chuck-Norris is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:36 PM   #45
unibility
macrumors regular

"To bring the full-sized iPad casing in line with the iPad mini's, and to bring the iPad mini display up to the full size iPad's Retina quality, will take improvements to the efficiencies of the screens, the LED that lights them, the chipsets that drive them, and the batteries that power them. All of those are coming, it's just a question of when they get here."

i could have told you that.
unibility is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:38 PM   #46
tbrand7
macrumors 6502

Most of this stuff is already obvious. The thing that really catches my eye is that part about excitement for the upcoming iOS. Jonny Ive, i'm counting on you! In terms of iPhone, I think Apple would be stupid to release a iPhone 5S in June, when Samsung is releasing a BRAND NEW phone (Galaxy S4) in April! I never thought i'd say this, but if Apple doesn't come out with a brand new iPhone this year, Samsung will fry them like a pancake. I would also like to see a bigger screen. I know some people are comfortable with the iPhone 5 screen size. So, they should come out with a version with a new design that has the iPhone 5's screen size and then a iPhone 6 with a 4.8 inch screen size. In terms of the TV, I think Apple has true potential to dominate the television industry. Which is why they haven't released it yet. They want to make everything perfect and amazing. The more time they take, the better the overall product will be. In terms of a iWatch, I don't think there is a need for it. But hey, if Apple can convince us their is a need (like they usually do), then maybe the idea will stick and it can become the next big thing from Apple... In terms of the iPad, I am excited to see how thin they make this thing. I love the iPad minis design, so I am happy that they are bringing that design to the iPad 5.
iPad Air- 128 GB, Celluar
tbrand7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:49 PM   #47
tech4all
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
Your the third post and you felt the need to quote the entire article ?.....
You must not much of a life if you care whether or not someone quoted the article...
Old Feb 14, 2013, 07:54 PM   #48
DJJAZZYJET
macrumors 6502

As soon as the iPad gets the iPad mini's thin bezel, im getting one. The main reason why I love the mini is because of its form factor, and the full size iPad needs to adopt it.
DJJAZZYJET is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:11 PM   #49
Tech198
macrumors 68040

Bigger ? How big is too big?

i wonder what happens when we get to 7' phones ? Will see then say the same thing ?

"Oh look ... I look like a complete looney holding this massive thing to my head."

I still can't understand why Apple put a camera in a 10` tablet.... Holding a picture frame in front of you is fine and dandy...

.....Its a very nice picture frame......
Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:14 PM   #50
alent1234
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by teknikal90 View Post
iWatch idea sounds meh. My watch is my iPhone and my 'jewellery' watch is a fine watch brand...not a consumer electronic brand that makes things with a 2 year obsolete date.

iTV in a stalemate? Sort of expected. TBH, I'm very happy and content with my LCD + good speakers + Apple TV set top box + Netflix.... very cheap, simple, easy to use and straight forward. I don't see how you can make something leaps and bounds better than that just yet.

not really interested in a new ipad. I think the A5 is perfectly capable to read books, watch movies and go on the modern web. my A6X should last some while still.
and i like my big bezel and black+silver design.

What I'm interested in, is a new iphone and the hope for an AWESOME new iOS!!!!
My heart jumped when I saw that iOS section of the article hahah
that's what i thought but there is a big market in proprietary single use devices. and check out the pebble watch

iwatch will be a bike computer, nike fuelband, take your vitals all the time, a watch and let you control some iphone functions from your hand without taking your phone out. very nice for us people that like to run, etc
alent1234 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion