Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad

Old Feb 14, 2013, 08:22 PM   #1
mguti
macrumors member

Using an external hard drive with iPad

My iPad 2 is my daily computer. I have a external had drive that has all of my music and movies on it. Is there a way to get my music from the hard drive and put it on my iPad with out having a computer? Maybe something I could buy?
mguti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:16 PM   #2
poloponies
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by mguti View Post
My iPad 2 is my daily computer. I have a external had drive that has all of my music and movies on it. Is there a way to get my music from the hard drive and put it on my iPad with out having a computer? Maybe something I could buy?
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Wirele...+wireless+plus
poloponies is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 09:53 PM   #3
Pharmscott
macrumors 6502a

The above suggestion would require copying all of the data from your existing drive to the new drive. And the battery life isn't great on that wireless drive.

Can you borrow a friend (or gasp, parent's) computer temporarily? You could sign into iTunes, authorize the machine, move all the music directly to iTunes on the computer then sync. When done, delete the music and de-authorize the computer. Presto- done and no residual on the computer.
Pharmscott is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:31 PM   #4
mguti
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmscott View Post
The above suggestion would require copying all of the data from your existing drive to the new drive. And the battery life isn't great on that wireless drive.

Can you borrow a friend (or gasp, parent's) computer temporarily? You could sign into iTunes, authorize the machine, move all the music directly to iTunes on the computer then sync. When done, delete the music and de-authorize the computer. Presto- done and no residual on the computer.

Honestly I didn't think about that.
mguti is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 07:27 PM   #5
EDH667
macrumors 6502a

Another option would be the iUSB port, and you could use your existing external hard drive.

http://www.hypershop.com/iUSBport-p/iusb-black.htm
EDH667 is online now   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad