Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
The phone worked great for 3 months then I went to settings to update firmware. Somewhere during the update the phone went haywire and just keep turning on and off.

I put the phone in restore mode hooked to i-tunes and did a restore, ( the phone was never hooked to my computer before ,so no backup ). After restore I set country ,language and wifi settings then the phone tries to activate but fails and I can't go beyond that screen. I tried a straight talk sim card ,I tried an active at&t sim and a blank at&t sim but nothing.

I downloaded "redsnow" to do a jailbreak but now the phone won't go into DFU mode. It will go into dfu as long as it's not hooked to the computer but as soon as I plug it in ,it turns the phone on.

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

cvsangel

macrumors member
Feb 4, 2013
California
The phone worked great for 3 months then I went to settings to update firmware. Somewhere during the update the phone went haywire and just keep turning on and off.

I put the phone in restore mode hooked to i-tunes and did a restore, ( the phone was never hooked to my computer before ,so no backup ). After restore I set country ,language and wifi settings then the phone tries to activate but fails and I can't go beyond that screen. I tried a straight talk sim card ,I tried an active at&t sim and a blank at&t sim but nothing.

I downloaded "redsnow" to do a jailbreak but now the phone won't go into DFU mode. It will go into dfu as long as it's not hooked to the computer but as soon as I plug it in ,it turns the phone on.

any help would be appreciated, thank you.

I hope this doesn't sound snotty, but it definitely sounds like you're not entering DFU mode properly or you think you are and you aren't.

But other than that it sounds like you're on the right track using redsnow in order to "hacktivate"

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Can anyone help with this:

I received this message

Using redsnow 0.9.15b3

Missing Keys.plist data for this build:

Device: IPhone 3GS
ECID: 2112152460621
Build: IPhone2,1_6.1_10b141

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.
It was unlocked when I bought it so I have no idea. If that's the case what do I need to do ?

If that's the case you need to use the latest redsnow and select only to flash/install the ipad bb again since its now in inconsistent state.
Make sure you point redsnow to the 6.0 3GS ipsw file in order to do that.
Then once you installed the ipad bb open up redsnow again and then just select downgrade baseband.
Let it do its thing and then when its done downgrading the baseband you should be ok.

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
If that's the case you need to use the latest redsnow and select only to flash/install the ipad bb again since its now in inconsistent state.
Make sure you point redsnow to the 6.0 3GS ipsw file in order to do that.
Then once you installed the ipad bb open up redsnow again and then just select downgrade baseband.
Let it do its thing and then when its done downgrading the baseband you should be ok.

I'm using : redsnow 0.9.15b3 and there's no flash install on the board and now after everything else I can't get the phone out of restore mode.

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Ok , i finally got the phone to a usable state ( thanks Applejuiced) now i'm at " no service" were do i go from here ?

Firmware. 05.13.04
Version. 6.1.2

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Does anyone know ,if i do a restore on itunes will it return my phone to a useablestate ?

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
No restore process.
Just jb it and cydia will be installed.

I'm confused, i just went through the jailbreak to downgrade from ipsd baseband.

Now to do the jailbreak do i have to install ipadbbaseband ?

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Ok, this is beyond frustrating. I started over.

Did a restore on I-Tunes, Went to redsnow clicked on" install cydia", clicked on "downgrade from IPad baseband".

Process went according to instructions when it finished no cydia . what could be wrong ?

jpele

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 9, 2013
Finally, my iphone is up and running, a special thanks to Applejuiced for your patience with me. :)

Now I have a new challange: I'm unable to send pictures to anyone other than iphone users, before the jail break I used unlocket.co.nz to set my APN.

Should I delete the settings and download an APN from cydia or will the new APN override the one I'm using now.

One other think ,my carrier is straighttalk.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.