Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion

Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:19 PM   #101
Dave.UK
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutonius View Post
It certainly doesn't get in the way for Samsung PR .
You keep moving them goalposts. I thought this thread was about the watch?!
Dave.UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:25 PM   #102
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustjay View Post
Don't forget fireworks, and possibly some types of pasta.
Yup. If you want to weird someone out and get into a good, long argument, tell them the Chinese basically invented spaghetti.
Renzatic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 03:54 PM   #103
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
I mean..what is Samsung going to release?

They don't have anyone to copy for the device/OS.
They can always stick an iOS knockoff on it, but it would suck.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMoose View Post
Asia never invented ANYTHING until we moved all our manufacturing know-how overseas. Karma.....
It's completely the other way around. East Asia invented a bunch of things, like pasta, until they got copy sources. If you're including all of Asia, the Middle Easterners invented civilization.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
So whose design will samsung steal this time? These guys are not leaders in innovations. They are nothing but copy cats. So who cares if they beat Apple. If Apple does come out with a watch, they will blow Samsung out of the water.
They'll just copy Apple once Apple makes it. Once the Samsung watch comes out, make note of how it looks and feels before and after the Apple watch.

----------

Samsung already has high-tech watches from the iOS era. They've already beaten Apple to the market; it's just that nobody buys them.
Fatalbert is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:29 PM   #104
olowott
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via MSN to olowott
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaJuve View Post
How is this even possible. They would have to see the released iWatch in order to copy it an release an identical version with the Samsung logo and Android OS. This article implies that Samsung actually has its own R&D department. It is not April 1st today.

So on Point
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:38 PM   #105
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Sadly Apple, the brand I highly respected for years, is beginning to fall behind. Not just talking about iWatch, but in many areas they once excelled in. Adrift in a sea of uncertainty it's frustrating to watch them become fragmented.

During Tim Cooks most recent speech he goes out of his way to bash OLED, yet behind the scenes Apple just hired the worlds top OLED engineer. Talk about confused & befuddled. It makes me wonder what the truth is about the Cupertino company I could rely on for years.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 04:43 PM   #106
Renzatic
In Time-Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxosx View Post

During Tim Cooks most recent speech he goes out of his way to bash OLED, yet behind the scenes Apple just hired the worlds top OLED engineer.
From the (admittedly very little) bit I've read about it, it seems he's criticizing Samsung's oversaturated OLED screens on their Galaxy line, rather than OLED technology specifically.
Renzatic is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 05:02 PM   #107
maxosx
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renzatic View Post
From the (admittedly very little) bit I've read about it, it seems he's criticizing Samsung's oversaturated OLED screens on their Galaxy line, rather than OLED technology specifically.
Respectfully, his position on OLED has been voiced in other speeches & discussions previously. He's between a rock & a hard place. It's only natural for him to talk up retina, yet dangerously wrong to write off OLED with its indestructible flexibility and plethora of uses as smartphone design matures.

I'm limited to my iPhone 5 at the moment since I'm on a business trip. Otherwise I'd share several links I have for verification. Yet Google is quick to produce them if you're so inclined.
maxosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:26 PM   #108
theanimaster
macrumors 6502

Good to see Samesung "innovating" again...
theanimaster is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:34 PM   #109
PracticalMac
macrumors 68020

Sony watch is very clunky looking.
PracticalMac is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 10:38 PM   #110
theanimaster
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Sadly Apple, the brand I highly respected for years, is beginning to fall behind. Not just talking about iWatch, but in many areas they once excelled in. Adrift in a sea of uncertainty it's frustrating to watch them become fragmented.

During Tim Cooks most recent speech he goes out of his way to bash OLED, yet behind the scenes Apple just hired the worlds top OLED engineer. Talk about confused & befuddled. It makes me wonder what the truth is about the Cupertino company I could rely on for years.
It's because Americans are getting too fat to fight back. And even their own kind roots for thieves of innovation and technology. Apple also seems to have a couple holes that need to be patched up. If Sony can keep their Playstation 4 a secret, why can't Apple?

For fear of sounding biased or racist, I would probably gather that the holes aren't coming from American staff either.

See, this is what happens when you pay crap wages in a foreign country to make your stuff, while the fat, white, overpaid buffalos back in the US rest on their laurels.

Apple needs a serious, serious, shake-up.

Bring our jobs back to the US. Pay Americans good money, FFS Apple... spread out the money a bit. I'm sure you can afford it.

Start a sister company that produces cheap crap like Samsung does to compete with Samsung. That way we can keep Apple as a high-end producer of things, and not some big company trying to sell cheap versions of their stuff. Apple needs all the talent it can get.

Who can imagine that Samsung is currently developing its own version of Android? Wow, we didn't see that one coming.
theanimaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:45 PM   #111
Dave.UK
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by theanimaster View Post
Good to see Samesung "innovating" again...
Samesung? More like Apple copying Samsung.

Im guessing you didnt bother looking at the post on the previous page highlighting the fact Samsung has already brought at WatchPhones in the past.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost...0&postcount=97
Dave.UK is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 03:24 AM   #112
tekno
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlez View Post
Samesung is such a shameful company
Companies don't have morals, they just want to make profit. All companies copy. Including Apple.

Samsung's profits and marketshare would suggest that what they're doing is working.

Just choose the product you like the most and enjoy it, let the lawyers worry about copyright and patent infringement.
tekno is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:53 AM   #113
heavydistortion
macrumors newbie

The distortion field is alive and well

WOW. I just can't over the comments in this thread.
You would think its still 2010 and apple was still the king.

Apple has lost it. Samsung will be releasing the watch and Apple is just releasing vapourware.

Granted the iPhone was amazing in 2007. Now its fallen behind. Spend an hour with a Note 2. Do some tracing with the S Pen that Samsung R+D didn't come up with, or the Multi View function which gives you 2 iphone sized screens to multitask on. Or how about the whole phablet category itself.

Oh right, the Note 2 is too big. That is until Apple comes out with a Phablet then the size will be just right. Trust me, after you spend a little time with the larger screen...when you go back to your iPhone it will feel like your apple TV remote. A toothpick. But its just a matter of time before apple copies the Note 2.

Not to mention that iOS needs a total makeover. Rows of apps are soo 2007. Widgets that display live information are way more useful. Not to mention changing setting in the notification bar is such a no brainer. Why rifle thru menus to toggle your wifi on and off.

Oh right people were talking about Samsung just copies Apple. Maybe Apple will be copying Samsung from now on...
heavydistortion is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:48 AM   #114
Rogifan
macrumors G3

I think this site needs to be renamed SamsungRumors More Samsung fanboys here than Apple fans these days.

BTW, both these "watches" are vaporware at the moment.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:54 AM   #115
spacerays
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleMoose View Post
Asia never invented ANYTHING until we moved all our manufacturing know-how overseas. Karma.....
Did you know that the decimal system was invented in India and China?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decimal

And the use of Zero:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero
spacerays is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:58 AM   #116
Compile 'em all
macrumors 601

I would LOVE for Samsung to release their watch before Apple. Because it will be interesting to see how they react when Apple releases theirs. Copy no more.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:21 PM   #117
inkswamp
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_elt View Post
Competition is always good for consumer even if most (maybe just the most vocal shall I say) of you wish there was only apple in the world.
Pretty sure most people, even the most hardcore Apple apologists here, agree with that. However, many of us appreciate the benefits of true competition such that we're unwilling to lower the bar to include blatant copying as a form of competition. I've got no beef with Samsung, but I'd love to see them compete instead of mimic. Copying initiates a race-to-the-bottom mentality which hurts the market and floods stores with inferior products. Look at all the first-time smartphone buyers buying lousy Android devices because they're cheap. Is that a benefit of that kind of competition?

----------

Quote:

Wow, you've got me convinced that you're a long-time Apple user, especially when you have to keep saying it over and over again, the way nobody does ever.

Anyway, decrying the current state of some tech while hiring someone to work on it would seem to suggest that Apple is interested in exploring where it can go or what they can do with it in the future. Why is that so hard to figure out?
inkswamp is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:29 PM   #118
nick_elt
macrumors 68000

Well the early samsung androids were a blatant rip off of the iphone but apart from s voice their new stuff is all original as any other phone
Old Feb 17, 2013, 01:43 PM   #119
MacCurry
macrumors 6502

Steve Jobs wanted a thermonuclear war and now it is in full swing. SJ has passed on, but those who remain will face annihilation. SJ didn't realize that you don't start a thermonuclear war with another party that also has as many or more nukes and delivery systems.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 02:27 PM   #120
uknowimright
macrumors 6502a

so many people here either don't know how to read or severely lack reading comprehension
uknowimright is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 09:18 PM   #121
Glideslope
macrumors 68030

Relax

Everyone sit back and chill.

Keeping and Displaying Time will be small circuits compared to what this device can "facilitate other iOS/Mac OS Devises" cooperate.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:01 PM   #122
HiRez
macrumors 601

Samsung is taking it to a whole new level. And by that I mean now they're copying rumors instead of waiting for the actual products.
Old Feb 17, 2013, 11:21 PM   #123
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:
Respectfully, his position on OLED has been voiced in other speeches & discussions previously. He's between a rock & a hard place. It's only natural for him to talk up retina, yet dangerously wrong to write off OLED with its indestructible flexibility and plethora of uses as smartphone design matures.

I'm limited to my iPhone 5 at the moment since I'm on a business trip. Otherwise I'd share several links I have for verification. Yet Google is quick to produce them if you're so inclined.
Retina isn't a technology. It's merely a descriptive term. Talking up one against the other makes no sense.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:15 AM   #124
batchtaster
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracticalMac View Post
Sony watch is very clunky looking.
Not just clunky looking. Watch the video; it's clunky to use too. You need two phone applications to manage it, and there's screens all over the place that you have to swipe between. The guy explains it and it seems easy, but then try and remember how to set it up unassisted. You swipe down to go to one screen, then two finger-tap to go back up or something... unintuitive. Particularly in comparison to Apple's discontinued watch, the sixth-gen iPod nano.

I don't think Apple has anything to worry about from Sony. Particularly since it's only Android-compatible.

Obviously, we can't know about them having anything to worry about from Samsung. Except that to be a threat, Samsung's would have to be iOS-compatible. And vice-versa for Apple's watch. Otherwise, they're not really in direct competition, any more than iPhone docks are in competition with Galaxy docks.
batchtaster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:41 AM   #125
Carniphage
macrumors 68000

These so-called smart watches.

What problem do they solve?

(cause I'm pretty sure I don't have that problem)
Carniphage is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > iOS Blog Discussion