Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi,

I have the second generation Apple TV and just found out that apparently this version of the Apple TV is better than the new one as it can be jailbroken!

Right now, I use it to browse iTunes and Netflix (US Netflix....I live in Canada...hehe)
what is the advantage of jailbreaking the Apple TV and how do I get started?? Thank you!

xiesanshao

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2013
Hi,

I have the second generation Apple TV and just found out that apparently this version of the Apple TV is better than the new one as it can be jailbroken!

Right now, I use it to browse iTunes and Netflix (US Netflix....I live in Canada...hehe)
what is the advantage of jailbreaking the Apple TV and how do I get started?? Thank you!

Depends
If you have many ripped or download digital files, with jailbreak apple tv, you can watch them directly;
If you want to streaming non-apple content with apple tv, such as free hulu, amazon prime, etc...;

other than these, no big difference, and with apple tv 3, you have 1080p plus a little fast speed.

cymolia

macrumors 6502a
Mar 17, 2012
Orange County, FL
Hi,

Please refrain from discussing pirating on this website, if i have to warn you again it wont be pretty

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hmm.
My main interest is sports. Would love it in 720p
News would be great too, but no, mainly sports...hockey, soccer, tennis...
I'm reading that quoted site and it says that I should get a playon subscription? What do you guys think about that?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.