Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:07 PM   #1
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

blu homes 3D configurator crashed my iMac(twice)

Hello all. I don't know if anyone else has tried this or not, but I was {("configurating")} [<-------I know it's not a word] a blu homes home and apparently, running the customizing tool online and having it set to the 3D method was too much for my early 2009 20" 2.66GHZ C2D iMac with 8GB RAM. SO I would just warn people that would like to try it out with older machines; this might make your Mac crash! It crashed mine...twice.

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 12:48 PM   #2
Blu Homes
macrumors newbie

Working on a fix

We have observed the 3D Configurator working successfully on some macs but crashing on others. We are trying to get to the bottom of what's causing this issue. While we try to find a fix, we recommend that you use the 2D Configurator. It requires less processor power and is a more desirable alternative if you continue to have issues with the 3D version crashing your computer. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Last edited by Blu Homes; Feb 20, 2013 at 01:16 PM.
Blu Homes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 07:57 PM   #3
RedCroissant
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Homes View Post
We have observed the 3D Configurator working successfully on some macs but crashing on others. We are trying to get to the bottom of what's causing this issue. While we try to find a fix, we recommend that you use the 2D Configurator. It requires less processor power and is a more desirable alternative if you continue to have issues with the 3D version crashing your computer. Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Hi! Your homes are awesome! I think it has to do with my under-powered GPU(which I assumed might happen if I continued to use it) but I just wanted to be sure. I wasn't even upset about it; to be honest. Thanks for responding though...if Blu Homes IS in fact your real name!

27" iMac, 3.2GHz i5, 16GB RAM, 3TB HDD; 32GB iPad 1 WiFi+3G; 30GB iPod Video 5G
RedCroissant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2013, 01:18 PM   #4
Blu Homes
macrumors newbie

Update!

Update: we have loaded a new version of the Configurator on our website that seems to resolve a lot of the crashes users have experienced. Let us know if you have any trouble. Thank you for the useful feedback!

So happy to hear that you love our homes. Let us know if you come across any additional issues.
Blu Homes is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac