Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 12, 2005, 06:59 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Griffin announces new iTrip for 5G iPod and nano

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Griffin announces new iTrip for 5G iPod and nano

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 12, 2005, 08:03 PM   #2
nagromme
macrumors G5

Pretty slick--but I wonder how it looks with the new iPods?

(I'm sure it would look weird with a nano--a narrow long version just for nanos would be cool.)

And a question of mine answered now: accessories CAN draw power from the iPod's own battery via the docking connector. Looks like the little top-accessory port from the 4G iPods really isn't needed.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Oct 12, 2005, 09:10 PM   #3
jholzner
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagromme
Pretty slick--but I wonder how it looks with the new iPods?

(I'm sure it would look weird with a nano--a narrow long version just for nanos would be cool.)

And a question of mine answered now: accessories CAN draw power from the iPod's own battery via the docking connector. Looks like the little top-accessory port from the 4G iPods really isn't needed.
But, on long road trips my roommate leaves his iPod plugged into the power outlet in his car and uses the original itrip. Doesn't look like this is possible wih this one. Once the battery is dead you have to let it charge but can't listed to music via the iTrip.
jholzner is offline   0
Old Oct 12, 2005, 10:14 PM   #4
nagromme
macrumors G5

A combined charger/transmitter might be better for that application. My iTrip lasts as long as I need just from battery, luckily.

Interestingly, it has a mini-USB port:
http://griffintechnology.com/product.../techspecs.php
(Page also shows it on a new 5g iPod--an "OK" match.)

So I think a charger could be made that worked with it.
nagromme is offline   0
Old Oct 18, 2005, 07:24 PM   #5
BurtonCCC

Send a message via AIM to BurtonCCC Send a message via Yahoo to BurtonCCC
I was wondering how they were going to do that after losing the thing on the older iPods that provided power.

Daniel
BurtonCCC is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion