Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chocolat Milky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 16, 2013
Hi everybody. I have a strange problem. My HD was almost full. I had GW2 installed and threw it away in the bin to install WOW. When I look in the finder, it says I have 37 GB space free. But when I want to install WOW it says I only have 19 GB free. How is this possible ? I have another partition and the same happened here. I threw a game away, and the finder says I have 29GB free, but that shouldn't be true because the game says I only have 12GB free there.
But when I search in the finder for GW en the sims there is nothing I can find back...So it should be deleted. But why says the laptop it is and the games say not ?

Thanks in advance !

iVikD

macrumors regular
Sep 11, 2011
Spain
Hi everybody. I have a strange problem. My HD was almost full. I had GW2 installed and threw it away in the bin to install WOW. When I look in the finder, it says I have 37 GB space free. But when I want to install WOW it says I only have 19 GB free. How is this possible ? I have another partition and the same happened here. I threw a game away, and the finder says I have 29GB free, but that shouldn't be true because the game says I only have 12GB free there.
But when I search in the finder for GW en the sims there is nothing I can find back...So it should be deleted. But why says the laptop it is and the games say not ?

Thanks in advance !

Did you empty your trash bin? The files aren't really gone until you do so.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I'm not sure what GW2 is, but did you check if there is an uninstaller for the application? That would clear out more than just the application, maybe even preference files, saves, support files…

Nov 28, 2010
located
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.