Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:24 AM   #1
pashley1
macrumors newbie

Access to iTunes Store

This morning I was on the phone to support for the department that assists with Itunes account access, to reset the password and account information.

The account rep cleared out the verification questions while I was outside the account. I subsequently understand that, as I result, I'm well and truely screwed, no one can now access the account. Its probably $800 worth of music.

I'm told there is no escalation for this, even if its the rep's fault.

correct? suggestions?

Last edited by pashley1; Feb 16, 2013 at 12:15 PM.
pashley1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:27 AM   #2
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashley1 View Post
This morning I was on the phone to phone support to Itunes account access to reset the password and account information.

The account rep cleared out the verification questions while I was outside the account. I subsequently understand that, as I result, I'm well and truely screwed, no one can now access the account. Its probably $800 worth of music.

correct? suggestions?
I have no idea, but you should get back on the phone with Apple and work to resolve it.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 11:40 AM   #3
flynz4
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by pashley1 View Post
This morning I was on the phone to phone support for the department that assists wtih Itunes account access, to reset the password and account information.

correct? suggestions?
Do you have access to your account?
Can you re-set your verification questions?

As an aside... verification questions are likely the easiest way to break into someones account. Too much of the information is either easy to guess, or publicly available. Instead I do the following:

1) If I have to enter a birthday... I make one up.
2) I use 1Password to generate unique random answers for each question of each site... so for example... "My favorite pet" might be CYopN;PpywvK3)ih9j
3) I store all the info in the associated record within 1Password.

BTW: If I have to recite my pet's name over the phone... I generally add that we call him "fluffy" for short.

/Jim
flynz4 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store