Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 16, 2013, 01:56 PM   #1
jmine83
macrumors member

Best Automated DVD Ripper?

I need a recommendation on the best available DVD ripper software for the Mac that can automate the process as much as possible. Specifically, I have a bunch of DVDs with TV Show episodes on them that I'm wanting to convert to the iTunes M4V video format. Brief past experience in this matter from many years ago has taught me that most software (that I remember trying anyways) can not "automatically" separate the DVD video into the appropriate "episode files"; i.e. I remember having to manually scan through the final converted file and manually divide the file into episode files. If there is a program that can automatically perform the episode files for me, that would be highly preferable.
jmine83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:10 PM   #2
simsaladimbamba

HandBrake can do that, as it allows you to select the "Title" (in your case the episode) you want to rip.
How to backup/copy/rip video DVDs to your HDD and transcode them to another format in Mac OS X.

How-To: Automating DVD & Blu-Ray (Backup, Encoding & Tagging) for Mac OS X 10.6
simsaladimbamba is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store