Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old Feb 16, 2013, 02:40 PM   #1
rossmadden
macrumors member

(HELP) Restoring from Time Machine overrides drive format?

Hi, I think this goes here, possibly in hardware.

I've installed an SSD in my macbook pro and set it to Case-Sensitive. However, no I can't install Photoshop to the drive (which can't be installed on case sensitive drives), or my 2nd HDD which isn't case sensitive but the OS is on the SSD which is.

So I backed up and reformatted my SSD through ML installer and set it to OS Extended (Journaled) only and then waited for everything to restore via time machine.

After rebooting, the drive is still Case Sensitive.

I repeated the method and came out with the same result. So my question is, does the back up override my selection of Journaled or is there something I am doing wrong?

(P.S when I typing in textareas on many websites, my cursor jumps back a couple of words so sometimes I like looks yoda has been at my desk. It doesn't happen in any other programs, but happens across broswers, and ideas?)

Thanks in advance!

Ross.

Last edited by rossmadden; Feb 17, 2013 at 09:39 AM.
rossmadden is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion