Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Gpsphone is the only one that works well...its not updated for ios6 and probaly will not be for the next 2 months but n64iphone is nothing more then crap.
Looking at android, i cant believe the difference. N64oid is perfect it plays almost every game with good fps too! Isnt it arm based? Why cant a port be made?
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it. And if a dev spends a good time on it, he can make it well secured against pirates.

MetalGearTW

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2013
Gpsphone is the only one that works well...its not updated for ios6 and probaly will not be for the next 2 months but n64iphone is nothing more then crap.
Looking at android, i cant believe the difference. N64oid is perfect it plays almost every game with good fps too! Isnt it arm based? Why cant a port be made?
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it. And if a dev spends a good time on it, he can make it well secured against pirates.

i have GBA.emu, GBC.emu, NES.emu, MD.emu and Snes9X on my iPhone (all attainable through Cydia) and they've on the same level of quality as YongZh emulators for Android when it comes to user interface, features and compatibility.

I cannot find a decent PSX or N64 emulator for iPhone though :(

LucidDreamz

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2013

I'm using GBA.emu on my iPhone 4S running 6.1 and so far I haven't had any problems with it yet, and in my opinion I think it's better then gpsPhone.

----------

i have GBA.emu, GBC.emu, NES.emu, MD.emu and Snes9X on my iPhone (all attainable through Cydia) and they've on the same level of quality as YongZh emulators for Android when it comes to user interface, features and compatibility.

If you find a N64 emulator in the near future could you possibly let me know?

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Ah yes i forgot gba snes ect do got decent emu's:)
Wish psx and n64 would get supported.
Can you tell if golden sun 2 runs with no music stutter on the gba emu?

cobbyco

macrumors 6502a
Aug 6, 2012

This. All the .emu emulators are great, and with FullForce run full screen on iPhone 5/iPod touch 5th Gen.

sentinelsx

macrumors 68010
Feb 28, 2011
I wish a really good PSX emulator is made.

It is hard to play MGS1 on an iPhone, but on an iPad mini/full iPad it would be glorious! Too bad it is impossible to be played currently and we only have a lame duck hunt game from Konami in Appstore to fall back on.

hockey17

macrumors regular
Jun 24, 2010
Gba.emu and gba.emu are great. I am having an issue where every gba game I download now won't load. All of them worked, and they still do, but any new ones I download won't work. Anyone else have this problem?

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Someone try golden sun 1 or 2 please and tell me if the music stutters^^

RyanTheGeneral

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Someone try golden sun 1 or 2 please and tell me if the music stutters^^

iPhone 5 6.1 gba.emu Golden sun - did not really play just turned on to listen to music for you- no stutter. Played a little Zelda LTTP and pokemon fire red and both run fine.

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
The .emu emulators are great but they don't work we'll on iOS 6.

I would love to see an N64 emulator

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Thanks for testing:) it indeed runs really smooth. Didnt expect that. Only problem i had with emu's in the past was that it play golden sun's music with alot of stutter.

Boob

macrumors member
Sep 3, 2012
Is there any way to get emulators on iOS without jailbreak? I'd love to play some Pokemon silver

viperGTS

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2010
I totally agree with you. Psx4all is crap, honestly. Games lag on my 4S which they normally shouldn't. Considering a galaxy S can play most games at very good speeds...

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
Why doesnt ios attract more devs to make emulators? Id pay for it.

iOS just can't be compared to Android in this respect. On iOS, few people jailbreak and even fewer actually pay for Cydia apps. On Android, you can use N64oid without even rooting. This means emu devs will always prefer Android to iOS - it's just much more profitable.

We can all "thank" Apple for this.

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 16, 2010
Both similar hardware. Means porting this effort shouldnt be that hard. I guess still a fair sum of work but not as much as coding from scratch.
Proper security against pirates and they can make alot of money from ios.

Adutrumque

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Sweden
iPhone 5 6.1 gba.emu Golden sun - did not really play just turned on to listen to music for you- no stutter. Played a little Zelda LTTP and pokemon fire red and both run fine.
Pokemon firered has some issues if you compare it to emerald. Random stuttering can occur and is being solved by going back to the Gba menu. That is pretty annoying.
Gba.emu.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.