Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

suupergirl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Hello everyone, first of all it's good to be back in here. I use iPhone 3GS (5.1.1) and it's very well used, doesn't have any damages but the annoying problem happened 2 months ago, I thought it would be fixed by itself since you know it didn't even fall on ground or anything that would damage it happened. So the problem is when I turn on my phone the screen goes white (not always) like when I'm searching something on AppStore or even playing a game/listening music the problem happens like it doesn't happen always but when it happens I have no way to fix it. I just wait for it to fix it itself which it does after sometime (Up to 3 hours), the screen would move and it would go white and wouldn't allow me to tap anything. Even though it can be fixed when pressing lock button (which now lasts for 10secs) it's pretty annoying. And I can't really understand how my screen would get such problem (Because it's not damaged). I've been using this phone for over 3 years now and never expected such problem. Another problem I have is when the battery percentage goes low like (64%,52%,45%) the phone would turn off itself, again that doesn't happen always but usually happens when I'm outside (No chance to charge it) and I don't know if there's a way to fix it. The percentage doesn't matter though today it went off at 56% when I try to turn it on it wants me to charge it even though it is charged.

Please help me.

CEmajr

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Charlotte, NC
That phone might be totally done and time to get a new one. It's probably some software issue causing the restarting or the battery may need to be replace. Maybe try updating to 6.1 to see if it will work. Or go to an Apple Store and let them take a look at it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.