Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion

Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:38 AM   #126
citysickness
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmessy View Post
The first app which showed "Exercise" is called Endless Alphabet.

I'd like to know the name of the 2nd app which shows "L for Light" as well.

Much appreciated in advance !
The "L is for light" app is The Lonely Beast ABC -
www.appstore.com/thelonelybeastabc
citysickness is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:47 AM   #127
wickedny5
macrumors member

anyone knows the app with the heart beat?
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:50 AM   #128
HenryDJP
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornAgainMac View Post
I like my iPad but I don't like the ads.
Good thing you don't like the ads because Apple has already sucked you in now that you have an iPad. See, the ads are only for people they haven't been sucked in yet. This forum is funny, the ads are not geared towards people who already have the product.
HenryDJP is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:54 AM   #129
fredoviola
macrumors regular

they should add:

"Buggy!"

Although all of those words they have used do make sense, you really aren't getting a complete picture without adding Buggy.
fredoviola is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 10:56 AM   #130
HenryDJP
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert.Walter View Post
The ads seem effective at demonstrating there are a multitude of aps for fun or education, but don't we already know this?

I don't particularly like the ads, as there is no overriding cute or clever hook.

But perhaps the ads are not for me but for those that need to still get a clue about what the iPad can do.
I don't even think the ads are really to demonstrate what the iPad can do. Only a handful of people are really going to sit and watch them for everything they are comprised of. The whole idea of any ad is to just keep the product and the name relevant by throwing them in your face. The world has a short memory on what's popular due to other competition out there.
HenryDJP is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:18 PM   #131
Dc2006ster
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmessy View Post
The first app which showed "Exercise" is called Endless Alphabet.

I'd like to know the name of the 2nd app which shows "L for Light" as well.

Much appreciated in advance !
I think it may be Lonely Beast ABC
Dc2006ster is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:31 PM   #132
coolfactor
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by irDigital0l View Post
This is kinda like the original iPad ads but those were better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btfbIVGES1I

My favorite is the iPad 2 one though.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqSsScRCwQ
I agree. The original is just as good as these new ones, if not better, and the iPad 2 ad reaches into the heart and grabs hold. These new ones will reach audiences that didn't resonate with past ads. I quite like them myself, and it's interest how the quick display of words still leaves an impression, a message in the subconscious.
coolfactor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:32 PM   #133
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
That would be important if Surface did not support SD cards which solves any potential problems leaving iOS in a dust.
That doesn't shrink the OS down. It just fixes the storage issue. The OS requires a Terga processor and 2GB of RAM to run even with some lag, and it chews through battery. The 30GB installation size is just an indication that the OS is not tablet-optimized.

Still, if the Surface can fit an SD card inside fully, good for it. I wish the iPad had that capability.

Last edited by Fatalbert; Feb 18, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
Fatalbert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:32 PM   #134
coolfactor
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredoviola View Post
they should add:

"Buggy!"

Although all of those words they have used do make sense, you really aren't getting a complete picture without adding Buggy.
What's buggy? Care to elaborate? Remember, the vast majority of apps come from third parties, not from Apple, so if you're experiencing bugs with certain apps, you should be directing your feedback to them directly, not at Apple.
coolfactor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:33 PM   #135
TheSlush
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to TheSlush
I feel like I'm watching The Electric Company.

The Electric Company Pinball clip
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:38 PM   #136
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayomat View Post
wow you are still strolling around? That's the spirit!
Either this guy Lilo is the consumer with the lowest self-esteem in the world, or he's on a MacRumors forum and has no Apple products. I've seen him before, but once glance at his other posts list has told me that this guy hates Apple, its products, and its consumers with a passion.
Fatalbert is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:44 PM   #137
Sherlock Holmes
macrumors newbie

Heart Pro III is the app with the beating heart.
Sherlock Holmes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 02:59 PM   #138
jon3543
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post
Um, I have a feeling it wasn't just Steve Jobs that envisioned all these products. Leander Kahney, who is writing a book on Jony Ive, interviewed a number of current and former employees. Pretty much everyone he interviewed said the idea that Steve dreamed up all this stuff and then told them to go build it is BS. Some said some of the stories around how a product came to life weren't true and were basically made up for marketing purposes.
Shhhh. The cult-of-personality types will find that disturbing.
jon3543 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:50 PM   #139
Kwill
macrumors 68000

Love the energy <3

I love the energy and the way the commercial explores different meanings of the selected word. The format well lends to a variety of new commercials.

@ClinicalPosters
Kwill is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 03:53 PM   #140
Lark.Landon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobita View Post
The Asian chick facetiming at the end.... SHE IS PRETTY!
Yeah.
Lark.Landon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:11 PM   #141
Lark.Landon
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Good thing you don't like the ads because Apple has already sucked you in now that you have an iPad. See, the ads are only for people they haven't been sucked in yet. This forum is funny, the ads are not geared towards people who already have the product.
lol I know right?
Lark.Landon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 04:33 PM   #142
quietstormSD
macrumors 6502a

Weird weird commercials. Not as bad as the genius ones, but still expect better ads from Apple

Twitter: @KarchaInSD
quietstormSD is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:20 PM   #143
fredoviola
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolfactor View Post
What's buggy? Care to elaborate? Remember, the vast majority of apps come from third parties, not from Apple, so if you're experiencing bugs with certain apps, you should be directing your feedback to them directly, not at Apple.
Mountain Lion has caused a terrible lag issue with Logic Pro which happens when you use any plugin that uses visualization, including the Logic Pro plugins. I'm not a FCPX user, but have heard that the lag issue exists in that Pro app as well. Both Apple apps.

Last edited by fredoviola; Feb 18, 2013 at 05:45 PM.
fredoviola is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 05:57 PM   #144
Akarin
macrumors 6502

Funny, they forgot to put Infinity Blade: Dungeons as a showcase app
Old Feb 18, 2013, 06:38 PM   #145
Michael Scrip
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popeye206 View Post

Hate these ads... not Apple-like at all. This looks like something MS would do.
Na... we've seen Microsoft's latest ads... a bunch of people dancing around clicking a keyboard on their $1000 ultrabook tablet.

Michael Scrip is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 07:25 PM   #146
lilo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
That doesn't shrink the OS down. It just fixes the storage issue. The OS requires a Terga processor and 2GB of RAM to run even with some lag, and it chews through battery. The 30GB installation size is just an indication that the OS is not tablet-optimized.

Still, if the Surface can fit an SD card inside fully, good for it. I wish the iPad had that capability.
Windows does not require 30GB. MS opted for creating a recovery partition to make it easier to solve any potential problems. Sure, iOS can live without it but that's because the OS is so primitive.
lilo777 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:10 PM   #147
Fatalbert
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilo777 View Post
Windows does not require 30GB. MS opted for creating a recovery partition to make it easier to solve any potential problems. Sure, iOS can live without it but that's because the OS is so primitive.
Why do you need a recovery partition? Just restore it with a PC. I guess MS wanted to make it quicker to restore since it's something you have to do every week. Even with the recovery partition taken out of the sum (at the very most 15GB), the OS is still ridiculously bloated.

To put things in perspective, Mountain Lion is 8GB. Yes, that includes the disk image reader and SSH support that Apple actually bothered putting in.

Last edited by Fatalbert; Feb 18, 2013 at 08:31 PM.
Fatalbert is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:15 PM   #148
Rogifan
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jon3543 View Post
Shhhh. The cult-of-personality types will find that disturbing.
Well coming from current and former employees I think they'd know better than anyone else. Of course everyone has their own agenda and Kahney admitted he got conflicting stories from people. Something he also mentioned which surprised me is multi-touch initially started out with the industrial design team at Apple.
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:00 PM   #149
lilo777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatalbert View Post
Why do you need a recovery partition? Just restore it with a PC. I guess MS wanted to make it quicker to restore since it's something you have to do every week. Even with the recovery partition taken out of the sum (at the very most 15GB), the OS is still ridiculously bloated.

To put things in perspective, Mountain Lion is 8GB. Yes, that includes the disk image reader and SSH support that Apple actually bothered putting in.
Because, unlike iPad, Surface Tablet is a PC. Requirement to use another PC for backup/recovery would be too limiting. Mountain Lion does not have a recovery partition. It requires Time Machine.
lilo777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 09:33 PM   #150
Ceviche Lover
macrumors member

These ads are terrible. Here is the marketing dept thought process behind these ads:

Tried something new with the Genius ads, failed miserably.

Went back to the basic but these new ads are TOO basic.

Samsung has been putting out much better ads recently.
Ceviche Lover is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > MacRumors.com News Discussion