Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:01 PM   #1
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Mindy McCready Has Died

Country singer Mindy McCready has died from an apparent suicide. She was only 37, and leaves behind 2 young boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...arent-suicide/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...icide/1926849/
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:08 PM   #2
Moyank24
macrumors 68040
 
Moyank24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: in a New York State of mind
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Country singer Mindy McCready has died from an apparent suicide. She was only 37, and leaves behind 2 young boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...arent-suicide/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...icide/1926849/
Sad news. Especially with such young children left behind.

I'm also already annoyed that half of the headlines have called her "Roger Clemens' former mistress".....like, really?
Moyank24 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 17, 2013, 10:11 PM   #3
DakotaGuy
macrumors 68030
 
DakotaGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: South Dakota, USA
I know she had struggled with substance abuse and she also unsuccessfully attempted suicide a few years back. This is sad news.
__________________
Mac: 21.5" iMac Core i5 2.5 Ghz "Sandy Bridge"
iPad Air 16 GB WiFi - iPod Classic 80GB - LG G3
DakotaGuy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 01:52 AM   #4
GermanyChris
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Here
That defines tragic.
GermanyChris is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2013, 08:24 AM   #5
Tomorrow
macrumors 603
 
Tomorrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Always a day away
At the risk of sounding callous, I can't say I'm surprised by the news. Her life seemed to have been nothing but turmoil recently. Hopefully she can rest in peace now.

inb4 "this wouldn't have happened with tougher gun laws"
__________________
I would scream just to be heard, as if yelling at the stars - I was bleeding just to feel.
You would never say a word, kept me reaching in the dark - always something to conceal.
Tomorrow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 20, 2013, 01:50 PM   #6
vrDrew
macrumors 65816
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
The death of anyone by intentional self-inflicted gunshot strikes me as a terrible tragedy. But I hope I don't come across as sexist or patronizing when I say that this story made me particularly sad.

Mindy McCready was a beautiful, talented, and genuinely decent person who fell foul of an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Whatever personal failings she might have had, and God only knows we all have failings, she didn't deserve to end up dead.

Without going into too many personal details I think I understand some of the despair and hopelessness she went through in her last days. And I would ask anyone reading this to think about the people that you know. And that if there is someone who is facing difficult times - be they legal, financial, family, health, or whatever - that you reach out to them. Let that person know how much you love them, how important they are to you, and that - no matter what - you will stand by them. I can think of no more decent act that one can do for another human being than to comfort them in their hour of greatest need.
vrDrew is online now   4 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:15 AM   #7
Puevlo
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Very selfish decision. How anyone can do this to their own family is beyond me.
Puevlo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 05:22 AM   #8
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puevlo View Post
Very selfish decision. How anyone can do this to their own family is beyond me.
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.

Another Puevlo ..... comment
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:28 PM   #9
ucfgrad93
Thread Starter
macrumors G5
 
ucfgrad93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Another Puevlo ..... comment
Huh?
ucfgrad93 is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 04:48 PM   #10
Scepticalscribe
macrumors 603
 
Scepticalscribe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kite flying
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Country singer Mindy McCready has died from an apparent suicide. She was only 37, and leaves behind 2 young boys.

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment...arent-suicide/

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...icide/1926849/

All suicides are tragic but it is always a special tragedy when a young mother dies by her own hand, and here, the tragedy is amplified as the world has been robbed of a true and special talent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrDrew View Post
The death of anyone by intentional self-inflicted gunshot strikes me as a terrible tragedy. But I hope I don't come across as sexist or patronizing when I say that this story made me particularly sad.

Mindy McCready was a beautiful, talented, and genuinely decent person who fell foul of an addiction to drugs and alcohol. Whatever personal failings she might have had, and God only knows we all have failings, she didn't deserve to end up dead.

Without going into too many personal details I think I understand some of the despair and hopelessness she went through in her last days. And I would ask anyone reading this to think about the people that you know. And that if there is someone who is facing difficult times - be they legal, financial, family, health, or whatever - that you reach out to them. Let that person know how much you love them, how important they are to you, and that - no matter what - you will stand by them. I can think of no more decent act that one can do for another human being than to comfort them in their hour of greatest need.
Excellent, sensitive and thoughtful post. Well said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puevlo View Post
Very selfish decision. How anyone can do this to their own family is beyond me.
"Anyone" can "do this" to themselves and their immediate family in situations where their despair and pain far exceed their capacity to cope with whatever circumstances of their life which are causing such pain and despair.

As an aside, this post strikes me as somehow lacking in tact, understanding, empathy......

Quote:
Originally Posted by justperry View Post
Clearly you have no idea what you are talking about.
Yes. Have to say that I agree with you......
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2013, 10:47 PM   #11
justperry
macrumors 603
 
justperry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: 7 Km South of an active upside down (boat) volcano.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
Huh?
You've been here long enough to understand, his comments are many times trolling and so on.
Just look what the below poster says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepticalscribe View Post
As an aside, this post strikes me as somehow lacking in tact, understanding, empathy......



Yes. Have to say that I agree with you......
justperry is offline   0 Reply With Quote


Reply
MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5s has died zedzded iPhone 26 Nov 5, 2013 03:53 AM
Phone died what would you do? TsuaSai iPhone 14 Aug 23, 2013 10:43 PM
Has my SSD died Ironduke MacBook Air 17 Aug 12, 2013 04:24 PM
Car Just Died. WAM2 Community Discussion 19 Jul 20, 2013 04:33 PM
My PC just died kgian iMac 7 Jul 19, 2012 02:59 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:57 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC