Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2008
I realize I may be the only person that cares but some tweak I have that received an update in Cydia in the past 48 hours is causing Words with Friends to crash on startup about 80% of the time.

I've got:

Auxo
Springtomize 2
Zephyer
Winter board
aeycon theme

Ideas?

Also - where would crash logs reside for this app?

nwmtnbiker

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2011
Fidalgo Island
My gf & I are having the same problem. Both our words with friends are crashing on startup it usually takes opening twice. I was just thinking because it has 15 or so updating games?

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
same things here. can't figure out what it is. also siri crashes when getting directions

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Do any of you have winterboard? It's becoming a common bug. It's either winterboard or mobile substrate or a combination of the two. Saurik is working on an update.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
the update of words today didn't fix it. im upgrading to 6.1.2 & re-jailbreaking now to see if that fixes it...

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
the update of words today didn't fix it. im upgrading to 6.1.2 & re-jailbreaking now to see if that fixes it...

Do you have winterboard installed? If so, I'd hold off on installing it until its updated. Although if it is in fact winterboard giving you these problems, it's specific theme addons that are the problem. I know the Ayecon folder icon addon was the problem for some. Once they removed it everything was back to normal. Anyways, i was just throwing it out there. FYI, there are 2 current threads on the topic if you think that's your problem.

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
yes i have winterboard but i did just upgrade & jailbreak. i wanted to anyway

----------

restoring from back up now. the last couple updates of glasklart theme added a bunch of duplicates in winterboard so i want to start fresh again with the tweaks & add-ons

adammusic

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Updated , re jailbroke on 6.1.2 words still crashing. Has to be winterboard. Will wait for an update.

A tip on how to open it is to open it in the app switcher once it crashes. Bc when it crashes it still stays open...

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2008
It's better under 6.1.2 but not fixed. Crashes on open about 50% of the time for me.

I have Winterboard and the aeycon theme. Not serious enough of a problem to give up the theme.

dbone1904

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2013
Has anyone been having issues with the Google Maps app? Since I did the jailbreak, the app won't save any of my preferences/searches and essentially reloads from scratch every time I start it.

TheSacredSoul

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2010
I am not implying anything by saying this but if you have localiapstore installed and had tried to purchase something from Words, uninstall and reinstall Words again and don't try to 'purchase' anything again.*

*From what I gather roaming the boards :cool:

bmwhd

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 22, 2008
No localiapstore. Not even sure what that is.

No crashes since Words app was updated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.