Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
Hi all,

I dont know about you guys, but ever since I got my iPad (especially after I got the retina display iPad), my Macbook's been neglected. the instant on, and portability and the ability to use it comfortably on the couch and the ease of putting it away straight after use made the iPad my main computer machine.

Now, there are still limitations. ie. Document management system.
I can't send an email with my pdf documents, pictures and excel document in one go for example. I can't open zip files and move files around. I can't send mp3s of songs, and i cant upload anything to sites other than pictures.

would a jailbreak fix this?

I wouldn't jailbreak my phone as i like my phone to be as simple as possible, and the iphone i believe is the perfect compromise of simplicity and power. on the ipad however, i want a bit more flexibility and power.

would a jailbreak solve my problems, and if so, what apps would you guys recommend?

guitarmandp

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2012
You still won't be able to send your attachments in one go. The good news is, supposedly AnyAttach+ is going to be updated soon with iOS 6 compatibility

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
I believe you can attach multiple files to an email even in stock. Start composing email. Go to app that contains the file you want to attach. Copy file. Go back to your draft email. Paste file. Repeat as needed.

teknikal90

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
Vancouver, BC
I believe you can attach multiple files to an email even in stock. Start composing email. Go to app that contains the file you want to attach. Copy file. Go back to your draft email. Paste file. Repeat as needed.

if i want to insert photos in email, fine, but what if i want to attach an excel file, or a pdf file in the same email (happens a lot)

I send out charts for music on pdf and at the same time, rosters in excel

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
if i want to insert photos in email, fine, but what if i want to attach an excel file, or a pdf file in the same email (happens a lot)

I don't see why you couldn't use the method I described to attach PDF, jpg and excel files to the same email.

sand_man

macrumors 6502a
Jun 3, 2011
Johannesburg, South Africa
You still won't be able to send your attachments in one go. The good news is, supposedly AnyAttach+ is going to be updated soon with iOS 6 compatibility

Yes, I also used AnyAttach+ on 5.1.1.

Excellent app and exactly what's required here.

Am hoping that update comes sooner rather than latter.

I'm also looking forward to an update of Quasar. That truly unlocks the multitasking potential of the iPad moving it one step closer to being the consummate laptop replacing device.

----------

I don't see why you couldn't use the method I described to attach PDF, jpg and excel files to the same email.

How do you copy a PDF and an excel file though?

It would be more effective to use a 3rd party app here. GoodReader is one that comes to mind.

You can open pdf and excel docs no problem and email them too.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
How do you copy a PDF and an excel file though?

Hmmmm. Used to be that you could copy them from one email to another, but doesn't seem to work anymore. :mad:

It would be more effective to use a 3rd party app here. GoodReader is one that comes to mind.

You can open pdf and excel docs no problem and email them too.

Now, *that* works! Thanks.

It would, of course, be better if AnyAttach got updated, but in the meanwhile, that does work.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.